Windows 10: How to set up Windows10 Defender's Fire Wall so that my PC only allows my market data...

Discus and support How to set up Windows10 Defender's Fire Wall so that my PC only allows my market data... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, my business is trading the stock, futures, and Forex markets. recently I bought a new desktop PC with MS Windows10 on it. This computer will... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KevWng, Jan 17, 2019.

1. KevWng Win User

How to set up Windows10 Defender's Fire Wall so that my PC only allows my market data...

Hello,

my business is trading the stock, futures, and Forex markets. recently I bought a new desktop PC with MS Windows10 on it. This computer will be used for trading, and will only be hooked up to my brokerage firm's market data connection. i want to setup the Windows10 firewall in such a way, that only my market data connection can go through, and all other connections and ports are blocked. How do i do it ? (this way , i do not have to install other antiVirus softwares, which cost memory and CPU runtime.)

Thanks a lot.

Kind-trader

:)

KevWng, Jan 17, 2019

2. Windows Fire Wall

I play UT2004. After the last upgrade(Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Eval copy. Build 11099.rs1_release. 160109-1156) My game keeps telling me that the fire wall is blocking it. It isn't allowed access. I made sure it's on the allowed list and tried again.
    Still the same results. The only way I can play is to shut down the fire wall. I don't think this is a very good way to go as I might forget to turn the fire wall back on. I went into Windows Fire Wall advanced settings and set rules for inbound and outbound
    connections but still didn't allow it to connect. :-(

BillFelter, Jan 17, 2019
  3. plast000 Win User
    does WP8 has a built in fire wall?

does WP8 has a built in fire wall?

plast000, Jan 17, 2019
  4. How to set up Windows10 Defender's Fire Wall so that my PC only allows my market data...

Windows defender does not allow for me to unquarantine items

Hi Michael,

The Real-time protection feature of Windows
    Defender stops malware from running on your device. It's possible that this feature is preventing the system from restoring/allowing the affected program. If you're sure that the affected program is virus free, we suggest that you disable the
    feature temporarily and try to restore the program. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender settings in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Windows Defender, disable
      Real-time protection by clicking the toggle button.
    • Once you're done, restore the affected file/program and check if the issue persists.

Also, you can allow a quarantined file/program from the Windows
    Defender desktop app. If you have the app installed on your device, you can follow these steps:

• Type Windows Defender in the search box, and then select the Desktop app.
    • Under the History tab, click on the check box for the affected file/program.
    • Select Allow item.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

How to set up Windows10 Defender's Fire Wall so that my PC only allows my market data...

1. How to set up Windows10 Defender's Fire Wall so that my PC only allows my market data... - Similar Threads - set Windows10 Defender's

2. Windows Defender or Fire Wall is causing Zbrush software to not allow me to save projects.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender or Fire Wall is causing Zbrush software to not allow me to save projects.: Hello, I was in the middle of working on a project for my business and the system had been working fine with Zbrush from 5am 1/29/24 till about 1:30 pm 1/29/24 when it unexpectedly came up with an error stating that the Anti-virus software was preventing me from saving my...
  3. Windows Defender or Fire Wall is causing Zbrush software to not allow me to save projects.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender or Fire Wall is causing Zbrush software to not allow me to save projects.: Hello, I was in the middle of working on a project for my business and the system had been working fine with Zbrush from 5am 1/29/24 till about 1:30 pm 1/29/24 when it unexpectedly came up with an error stating that the Anti-virus software was preventing me from saving my...
  4. Windows Defender or Fire Wall is causing my software to not allow me to save.

Windows Defender or Fire Wall is causing my software to not allow me to save.: Hello, I was in the middle of working on a project for my business and the system had been working fine with Zbrush from 5am 1/29/24 till about 1:30 pm 1/29/24 when it unexpectedly came up with an error stating that the Anti-virus software was preventing me from saving my...
  5. Fire Wall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fire Wall: I bought a game but to get further levels I need to download from another site, but it wont load and it is telling me I should delete the fire wall. I am not computer wise, so I do not know if this is a good thing to do. I need help please. Should I delete the fire wall,...
  6. Fire Wall

Fire Wall: I bought a game but to get further levels I need to download from another site, but it wont load and it is telling me I should delete the fire wall. I am not computer wise, so I do not know if this is a good thing to do. I need help please. Should I delete the fire wall,...
  7. Fire Wall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows fire wall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows fire wall: Windows fire wall isnt saving my rules for some reason whenever i right click on outbound rules and click new rule and create the rule nothing happens when i click finish the rule doesnt even appear anywhere submitted by /u/BeastBrock [link] [comments]...
  9. fire wall alert

in Windows 10 Customization
    fire wall alert: i get a firewall alert in every 1 min.[ATTACH]And total 5 to 6 entries . please refer this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fire-wall-alert/18c8c95a-9b1e-487e-be7e-c24beddeb834
  10. Fire wall protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fire wall protection: I have been told by a dubious source sales pitch reference supporthello.com that my computer has "infections" regarding excess and possibly malicious DLL files. I use only windows security and my fire walls are turned on. When I look at my task manager I see CPU usage at 3 to...