Windows 10: How to set up your microsoft account on two different computers

Discus and support How to set up your microsoft account on two different computers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I got a brand new Windows 10 computer for my birthday and was wondering how to set up my Microsoft account on it when my account is already on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rylen _821, Jul 23, 2021.

1. How to set up your microsoft account on two different computers

Hi, I got a brand new Windows 10 computer for my birthday and was wondering how to set up my Microsoft account on it when my account is already on another Windows 10 computer. I would like to keep all my apps and files as well which is why I need to know how to set it up. If I could be provided with a link to a video or a response on how to do it, it would be very much appreciated.

:)

Rylen _821, Jul 23, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 23, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 23, 2021
  4. How to set up your microsoft account on two different computers

Microsoft account set as a work account and a Microsoft Account

Hi Dean,

As per the description, I suggest that you sign out of one of the accounts and sign into the account again. This will help us to know if the account used in either of the account is not the same.

To sign-out of the Microsoft Account follow the steps below

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

How to set up your microsoft account on two different computers

1. How to set up your microsoft account on two different computers - Similar Threads - set microsoft account

2. "We weren't able to set up your pin" on two different computers, one freshly installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We weren't able to set up your pin" on two different computers, one freshly installed: I've run into an infuriating problem, to say the least.I just bought a PC running Windows 11, which insists that I have to make a PIN to log in. Every time I've tried to do that, it just throws a "We weren't able to set up your pin" error, which is possible to skip and get...
  3. "We weren't able to set up your pin" on two different computers, one freshly installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We weren't able to set up your pin" on two different computers, one freshly installed: I've run into an infuriating problem, to say the least.I just bought a PC running Windows 11, which insists that I have to make a PIN to log in. Every time I've tried to do that, it just throws a "We weren't able to set up your pin" error, which is possible to skip and get...
  4. How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?: I recently got an Alienware pc and was setting up some things and when I tried to log into outlook, it was asking me for a product key. I am very confused about what I should do next....
  5. How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?

How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?: I recently got an Alienware pc and was setting up some things and when I tried to log into outlook, it was asking me for a product key. I am very confused about what I should do next....
  6. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...: Hello, I am trying to help my father-in-law log on to his laptop. He said he was able to get in it before but today for some reason he was unable to log on and does not know the password to the outlook.com email that's registered on that laptop. I've tried the password reset...
  7. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...: Hello, I am trying to help my father-in-law log on to his laptop. He said he was able to get in it before but today for some reason he was unable to log on and does not know the password to the outlook.com email that's registered on that laptop. I've tried the password reset...
  8. How to log on different Microsoft account on a different computer if main account is...

9. Setting two different passwords for same account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting two different passwords for same account?: I'm not sure what it's actually called, but the best I can describe it is that there is one profile, and one password will open it with all the files and apps, but a different password will open it with restricted access (can only see/access certain files and apps). Is this...
  10. How to set up a security key for your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up a security key for your Microsoft Account: Microsoft introduced password-less sign-in functionality in the Microsoft Edge browser in the October 2018 Update for Windows 10. The new security feature unlocks options to sign in to Microsoft services without having to enter a password; the functionality is restricted to...