Windows 10: How to set USB camera as default?

Discus and support How to set USB camera as default? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Help me to disable my build-in camera and set USB camera as default on Skype?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TammyWedge, Mar 15, 2019.

1. How to set USB camera as default?

Help me to disable my build-in camera and set USB camera as default on Skype?

:)

TammyWedge, Mar 15, 2019

2. Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To change the camera in Skype application from built in to USB follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open Skype application by searching it on the search bar on taskbar.
    2. Now click ellipses next to your name on the top left corner.
    3. Now click on Settings and select
      Audio and Video settings.
    4. Under Camera select the
      USB camera from the drop down list.

If you are using Skype for Business then you can refer the article

Set Video Device options in Skype for Business

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    How to set one of the two cameras in Windows 10 to be "default"

Hi Roman,

If there are two devices that are detected as a camera, simply disabling one of them will automatically set the other one as the default. To do so, follow these steps:

• Search and open Device Manager.
    • Find your camera on the list of devices.
    • Right-click the device that you want to disable and select Disable device.

When you'll need the Leap Motion Controller, simply enable it on the Device manager.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Mar 15, 2019
  4. sbpetrack Win User

How to set USB camera as default?

Default Camera

I know this is an old thread, but unless I'm somehow missing something, Edwin's "answer" is simply unrelated to grandpavic's question.

Every idiot knows how to set the default MICROPHONE, although not every idiot can turn it into a complicated 10-step process as thouroughly as Edwin.

Probably for this reason, "how does one set the default microphone?" is just one of several BILLION questions that grandpavic did NOT ask.

Grandpavic, I have never seen a documented answer to your question. I have the impression that the camera which is used by the modern "Camera" APP is the defiault camera. You make this choice in the main window of the Camera app itself: there is a little "switch-me" icon in the top left corner of that window. Click on it until the camera you wish to choose is displaying its video in that main window. Then close the camera app. (annoyingly, most "modern" apps don't have any "quit" button, and in fact you were not supposed to quit them at al. Newer versions of these apps seem indeed to exit the app when you close their main window, so you don't have to worry about the memory footprint wasted just to choose a default. In any case, the default web cam of the system is the one the modern Camera app last used,

But that is just my empiical observation . I wouldnt normally allow myself to post some personal speculation as an 'answser' in such forum as this. But you asked a LONG time ago, withought receiving a single answerl. So i wanted to se what i could do

--Scott

sbpetrack, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

How to set USB camera as default?

1. How to set USB camera as default? - Similar Threads - set USB camera

2. default camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default camera: When locating my USB logitech camera in devices, there is no button to select it as a default within the properties menu. Please advise.* this is not an issue for most software but windows built in camera app cannot select its own input, it seems to be locked to the default.....
  3. default camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default camera: When locating my USB logitech camera in devices, there is no button to select it as a default within the properties menu. Please advise.* this is not an issue for most software but windows built in camera app cannot select its own input, it seems to be locked to the default.....
  4. How do you set the default camera device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you set the default camera device?: I am losing my fucking mind over this. Every result I've found on the internet is outdated, all of them say the same thing when that method doesn't exist anymore. My applications keep defaulting to my Valve Index, which is a VR headset that has a pair of cameras at the...
  5. Default Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Camera: Hi, I've tried all the solutions on Google and I still can't figure out how to disable my internal camera built in my laptop. I want to make my USB Webcam my default camera, and disable my internal camera. What is the most simplest solution?...
  6. how to set dispay settings to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to set dispay settings to default: i have acidentally done a mistake in my display settings and because of it i have got a white tint on my display its a software problem when i start a game the display corrects itself i want to set the display settings to default i dont want to reinstall the whole windows...
  7. Changing Default Camera to Logitech External USB Camera

Changing Default Camera to Logitech External USB Camera: I want to set the default camera for videos e.g., GoToMeeting, Skype, Zoom to a USB-connected Logitech Webcam PRO 9000. I have downloaded the Logitech software and confirmed the camera is working. However, while I see the Logitech device in Control Panel -> Devices and...
  8. Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype: how to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype? ***Original title: How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?***...
  9. Setting up a webcam as the camera default

Setting up a webcam as the camera default: I just installed the Logitech C270 webcam. I would like my computer to default to it on startup so that I can use the Windows Hello facial recognition to automatically get me through the sign in process (Windows 10). The Device Manager registers the webcam as an imaging...
  10. Default Camera

Default Camera: My system has two webcams. How do change the one that I want to use as default. 21420

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set usb camera to default