Windows 10: How to set visibility on Start's vertical scroll bar to always show?

Discus and support How to set visibility on Start's vertical scroll bar to always show? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day everyone. Is it possible to always display the vertical scroll bar for Apps on the Start menu (or for everything in Windows 10 with a page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dee100, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Dee100 Win User

How to set visibility on Start's vertical scroll bar to always show?

Good day everyone. Is it possible to always display the vertical scroll bar for Apps on the Start menu (or for everything in Windows 10 with a page overflow)? I am setting up a laptop for person with disabilities and want to make it obvious that there's more to view by scrolling. Thank you in advance for any advice you can share.

Dee

:)

Dee100, Aug 16, 2015

2. How to get vertical scroll bar to stay on screen at all time.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we start troubleshooting the issue, we require more information to assist you further.

• Since when you are facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Are you able to view the scroll bar?

• Does it disappear when you open specific application or with all applications?

Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 16, 2015
  3. keibai Win User
    How to get vertical scroll bar to stay on screen at all time.

how to get vertical scroll bar to stay on screen at all time, since win8 scroll bar auto disappears I find this irritating and would like to make it a fixed bar on the right hand side of my screen.

keibai, Aug 16, 2015
  4. rcxtra Win User

Same question here.

The disappearing and non-appearing (until mouse in pane) scrollbar drives me nuts! *Mad
    There must be a global setting or registry hack to make scrollbars ALWAYS visible... Anybody?

rcxtra, Sep 9, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    We talking about all apps left side or apps to the right side. Because scroll bar shows when selecting all apps on left side

jds63, Sep 9, 2015
  6. rcxtra Win User
    Don't move your mouse after you click on All apps in the start menu and you will see the scrollbar hide after a few seconds. This same behavior is repeated throughout the entire OS (with very few exceptions like regedit). If there is more info in a page, I like to know it without having to move the mouse focus to that window.

rcxtra, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to set visibility on Start's vertical scroll bar to always show? - Similar Threads - set visibility Start's

2. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vertical scroll bar frozen: No matter where I am on the computer, the vertical scroll bar on the right is visible but frozen. I have to use my fingers on the touch screen to move down or up. The up and down arrows on the keyboard work too. But still, I would like my vertical scroll bar back....
  3. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vertical scroll bar frozen: No matter where I am on the computer, the vertical scroll bar on the right is visible but frozen. I have to use my fingers on the touch screen to move down or up. The up and down arrows on the keyboard work too. But still, I would like my vertical scroll bar back....
  4. Vertical scroll bar frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop screen shows grey vertical bars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen shows grey vertical bars: This problemx arose 1yr ago. I had a hdd with a 4gb ram,then. After it was upgraded to ssd and a 8gb ram x resolved itself. It surfaced once again after nearly half a year and a couple of months later once again died on its own. Every time x appears, my laptop can not detect...
  6. Laptop screen shows grey vertical bars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen shows grey vertical bars: This problemx arose 1yr ago. I had a hdd with a 4gb ram,then. After it was upgraded to ssd and a 8gb ram x resolved itself. It surfaced once again after nearly half a year and a couple of months later once again died on its own. Every time x appears, my laptop can not detect...
  7. Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertical Scroll Bar Disappears: I've seen this topic come up before, and so far, none of the solutions offered has fixed the problem I've got. On certain web pages, the vertical scroll bar disappears, as if the page is too wide for the screen, even though the bottom scroll bar is also missing, indicating...
  8. Vertical Scroll Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vertical Scroll Bar: I am using Windows 10 and Office 365 on my PC. I have a large number of folders in My Documents. One of these folders and its subdocuments folders has the vertical scroll bar missing. In its Word and Excel files I have checked to Show vertical scroll bar options and the files...
  9. restore vertical scroll

restore vertical scroll: All of a sudden my scrolling has changed from vertical to horizontal/ I want to go back to vertical https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-vertical-scroll/32f438e4-8a2a-45f2-aeb5-809c5c73ef25
  10. Scroll bar not showing

Scroll bar not showing: the scroll bar is not showing on www.nbc.com/AGTvote. Can this be restored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/scroll-bar-not-showing/68d5c2ff-54ab-4a45-9527-88362e3a1295