Windows 10: How To Set Wallpaper to "Fit" By Default

Discus and support How To Set Wallpaper to "Fit" By Default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e, which has a non-standard screen size 1366x768. I have a variety of wallpaper images that update once a day. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertJohnsonSingsMyBlues, Jun 29, 2020.

1. How To Set Wallpaper to "Fit" By Default

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e, which has a non-standard screen size 1366x768. I have a variety of wallpaper images that update once a day. Every time a new image is set as the background, it defaults to "Tile," which throws off the image. Where in the Registry can I find the setting to default to "Fit?" And what is the value I should use?

:)

RobertJohnsonSingsMyBlues, Jun 29, 2020

2. Setting Wallpaper in Windows 10

I want to change my Wallpaper on the Windows 10 Computer daily.

I use a photo from a file or email. The photo opens in the Windows Photo Viewer and there is an option to "Set as Background". That all works. But, it always makes the default format "Full". I then have to go to "Personalization" to revert it to "Fit",
    so that I can see the whole photo. Windows 8.1 defaulted to "Fit" and did not have to include this extra step.

How can I set the default display for background to "Fit"? There is no setting that I can find to do this, permanently.

DaveDesmarais, Jun 29, 2020
  3. How to make pic fit the lock screen?

Hi Paul,

In order to see your lockscreen wallpapers in full view, the image itself must match with the aspect ratio of your monitor. If the image resolution exceeded the dimension size of your monitor, it would unlikely fit on your monitor screen. You need to edit
    and resize your image until if fits on your screen. To do this, follow the steps below:

Step 1 - Reduce the image size by following these steps:

• Locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen wallpaper.
    • Right-click the image, then click Edit. I will launch
      Paint
    • Click Home.
    • Click Resize. Make sure that Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
    • Reduced the percentage size by changing the Horizontal and Vertical until you determine that it will fit on your lock screen.

How To Set Wallpaper to "Fit" By Default 9333d37e-25d4-43e3-a62c-969b51a7fb8e.png

Step 2 - Edit the image to fit in your lockscreen by perform the steps below:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Photos, then click it to launch this application.
    • Locate the image that you want to edit.
    • Click the image.
    • Press Ctrl + E to start editing.
    • Click Crop.
    • On the top right, click the Aspect ratio menu.
    • Click Lockscreen.
    • Click the check sign to apply changes.
    • Press Ctrl + S to save the image.

There is no shrink or expand image option available in Lockscreen settings since Windows 10 can already automatically resize the image to fit on your screen.

Let us know if the resolution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Jun 29, 2020
  4. How To Set Wallpaper to "Fit" By Default

Windows 10 desktop wallpapers

Hello Alun,

It is possible that the wallpaper issue you're experiencing is due to the image resolution. Please clarify the following information below:

• Do both wallpapers have the same resolution?
    • Have you tried setting the wallpaper in a different fit?
    • Are you experiencing the issue on all images?
    For now, we advise changing the fit to either Fill, Fit, or
    Center.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

How To Set Wallpaper to "Fit" By Default

1. How To Set Wallpaper to "Fit" By Default - Similar Threads - Set Wallpaper Fit

2. Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find default wallpaper, how to debug: The thing is I have a company computer where organization settings are applied. However I have administrator rights on the pc. The wallpaper is a fixed image I needed to change for personal reasons. I have found that the image is set in the following path and deleted it and...
  3. Windows photos app suddenly not zooming to fit by default and no setting to make it default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photos app suddenly not zooming to fit by default and no setting to make it default...: I am using windows default photo viewer and for the longest time when I opened a photo it would be zoomed to fit. Now all of a sudden any photo I open is zoomed to fit for a fraction of a second before it jarringly zooms it to "actual size". There is no setting to change this...
  4. Windows photos app suddenly not zooming to fit by default and no setting to make it default...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photos app suddenly not zooming to fit by default and no setting to make it default...: I am using windows default photo viewer and for the longest time when I opened a photo it would be zoomed to fit. Now all of a sudden any photo I open is zoomed to fit for a fraction of a second before it jarringly zooms it to "actual size". There is no setting to change this...
  5. About fitting wallpapers to screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    About fitting wallpapers to screen: You know how using a browser, when you're about to set an image as your wallpaper it lets you choose the fit? (i.e. stretched, tiles, fill, etc.) And when you do so from Windows Explorer it just sets the fitting of the image based on the last one you chose on your browser...
  6. display settings FIT

in Windows 10 Customization
    display settings FIT: My display setting needs to be stretched to use blank side margins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-fit/c23d0431-79c7-43cc-892e-765747268133
  7. Default "fit picture to frame"

Default "fit picture to frame": This wacky default has been around since the days of Win XP. It fits the picture you are printing from edge to edge one way, while cropping out the rest of the image. I have Never wanted this setting and can't think of a time when it could be useful. How can the default...
  8. set default fit for background image on Windows 10?

set default fit for background image on Windows 10?: hi, I keep setting the fit of the background image to "center". However, every time I log on, the background image fit has been reset to "stretch". --> How can I get the fit of the background image to stop changing?...
  9. Location of the default wallpaper?

Location of the default wallpaper?: Where is this wallpaper stored? also, where can I find the different resolutions of it? Thanks!. 10255
  10. Editing the default wallpaper

Editing the default wallpaper: Sorry if this has been posted, but would it be possible for any talented graphics people to change the default wallpaper from blue to red, assuming it's easy to do? 20542