Windows 10: How to Set WiFi Preference Order?

Discus and support How to Set WiFi Preference Order? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Back in the day Windows 7 had a nice option to set a priority order for WiFi networks and I could just rearrange that in GUI. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ish4d0w, Feb 10, 2021.

1. ish4d0w Win User

How to Set WiFi Preference Order?

Hello,

Back in the day Windows 7 had a nice option to set a priority order for WiFi networks and I could just rearrange that in GUI.

Windows 10 misses that option. There is still a preference order but it cannot be altered in GUI it seems. Do you know a way?

If not, can you please upvote this suggestion to return this feature?

Thanks

:)

ish4d0w, Feb 10, 2021
  2. ish4d0w Win User

Set WiFi Preference Order

Hello,

Back in the day Windows 7 had a nice option to set a priority order for WiFi networks and I could just rearrange that in GUI.

Windows 10 misses that option. There is still a preference order but it cannot be altered in GUI it seems. Do you know a way?

Thanks

(edit: I accidentally posted in the wrong section. Reposting here.)

ish4d0w, Feb 10, 2021
  3. ish4d0w Win User

Hello,

Thanks

ish4d0w, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Set WiFi Preference Order

Too late, I replied over there. I repeat:

You can set the priority order by the order in which you click connect on each available network. See Option One in this tutorial.

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Thema:

1. How to Set WiFi Preference Order? - Similar Threads - Set WiFi Preference

2. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  3. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  4. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recording Preferences Setting not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Preferences Setting not showing: In Gaming > Captures the setting "Recording Preferences" does not show and displays a grey bar instead. It was working a fine few days ago. How can I fix this problem? I've restarted the laptop several times but nothing changed....
  6. set global preferred gpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    set global preferred gpu: Hi, I know it's possible to set preferred GPU app by app, but can I set one globally? My intention is to set iGPU as default and I'll just add "exception" apps that should run dGPU to save battery life. I've already set default gpu to igpu in nvidia control panel, but it...
  7. Set WiFi Preference Order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set WiFi Preference Order: Hello, Back in the day Windows 7 had a nice option to set a priority order for WiFi networks and I could just rearrange that in GUI. Windows 10 misses that option. There is still a preference order but it cannot be altered in GUI it seems. Do you know a way? If not, can...
  8. How to Set WiFi Preference Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Set WiFi Preference Order?: Hello, Back in the day Windows 7 had a nice option to set a priority order for WiFi networks and I could just rearrange that in GUI. Windows 10 misses that option. There is still a preference order but it cannot be altered in GUI it seems. Do you know a way? If not, can...
  9. setting language preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting language preferences: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...
  10. How to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer: Hi, I would like to know how to set the printer preferences permanently for a particular printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-the-printer-preferences-permanently-for/7ba5d7d5-4292-45f8-ab46-f3e779755734