Windows 10: How to set Windows 10 Start Menu Search (Cortana) to Computer's Default Browser

Discus and support How to set Windows 10 Start Menu Search (Cortana) to Computer's Default Browser in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a Windows 10 computer that I have set to default to Firefox as my web browser. When I use the Cortana search bar and pull up a web... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Andrea Puglisi, May 30, 2019.

1. How to set Windows 10 Start Menu Search (Cortana) to Computer's Default Browser

Hi there,

I have a Windows 10 computer that I have set to default to Firefox as my web browser. When I use the Cortana search bar and pull up a web result, my system goes to Internet Explorer which is the ultimate enemy! I have found that if I set Edge to the default browser, the Search Bar/Cortana will open in Edge instead of IE which is better, though still not quite what I want. I'd also like to move the default search engine away from Bing to DuckDuckGo if possible, but I am not having any success doing this.

Is someone out there able to help?

Thank you,

Andrea

:)

Andrea Puglisi, May 30, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, May 30, 2019
  3. Start Menu and making default apps issue.

Hi Joy,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Did you install all the pending updates on your system?

I suggest you to follow these steps below to set Google chrome browser as default browser.

1. Type Control Panel in search bar on your system and open Default programs under Control Panel Window.

2. Select Set your Default programs under Choose the program that Windows use by default.

3. Select Google chrome browser as default program in the Set your Default programs Window.

4. Then click on OK and check, if it helps you.

Also refer to the section "Try the troubleshooter"
    in the link below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, May 30, 2019
  4. How to set Windows 10 Start Menu Search (Cortana) to Computer's Default Browser

Start Menu and making default apps issue.

Thanks brother,

Yes bro, I installed all the latest updates.

The issue of making Google Chrome the default web browser is now solved. May God bless you.

JoyMathew1, May 30, 2019
Thema:

How to set Windows 10 Start Menu Search (Cortana) to Computer's Default Browser

1. How to set Windows 10 Start Menu Search (Cortana) to Computer's Default Browser - Similar Threads - set Start Menu

2. Cannot type in Start Menu, Cortana Search, Settings, etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot type in Start Menu, Cortana Search, Settings, etc.: Hello. This has been an issue for me for a while now, and I've gotten sick of ignoring it. As the title states, I'm unable to type in the start menu, cortana, or anywhere in Settings/System info. However, I CAN type in Windows Explorer, cmd, run, and nearly everything else....
  3. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  4. Can’t open browser, cortana or start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t open browser, cortana or start menu: I factory reset my MSI GL62M 7RDX laptop to sell it but I can’t open Internet Explorer, Cortana or the start menu. When I click Cortana or the start menu, the blue circle appears next to my cursor for about 2 or 3 seconds but nothing happens. When I try to open the browser,...
  5. cortana search box and start menu optimization

in Cortana
    cortana search box and start menu optimization: Hi, Just suggesting the option to pin (or add) the cortana search box to the tile side of the start menu. ie. click start, input goes to cortana search box within start menu, enter search, all or half of tile side turn into regular cortana search menu with results. tbh I'm...
  6. SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser: Hi! Today, I present to you SearchWithMyBrowser, a little tool to open your Cortana searches in your default browser. Since April 28th, Cortana opens Edge, to force Bing upon you. SearchWithMyBrowser fixes this. It redirects searches to your default browser. If you have...
  7. Windows 10 Start menu default search location

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start menu default search location: I have 13 hard drives full of video sorted by title. Despite the drives being indexed it takes multiple clicks to find a file using the Start menu search. For example, I type in the name and the result comes back, "No results found for...". I must click the filters tab and...
  8. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451
  9. Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working: Have the Anniversary edition. Suddenly the start menu and Cortana have stoped working. As has right click menus on the start bar? It was okay after the initial install?? Have tried several restarts but no change. Dan 60994
  10. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu search default browser

2. default search browser windows 10 start menu

3. change cortanas default browser

4. open default browser from start menu search,
  5. windows 10 menu search default browser,
  6. set cortana default browser 2019