Windows 10: How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Menu instead of desktop?

Discus and support How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Menu instead of desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; this use to be option before but i cant find it anymore in windows 10 i have pro version and nothing , any suggestions i prefer live tiles rather than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by safeabz, Jul 29, 2019.

1. safeabz Win User

How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Menu instead of desktop?

this use to be option before but i cant find it anymore in windows 10 i have pro version and nothing , any suggestions i prefer live tiles rather than desktop

:)

safeabz, Jul 29, 2019

2. How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Screen instead of desktop?

Windows 10 Boot to Start Screen

When you start your Windows 10 PC, it will automatically boot to the desktop.

Steps to make Windows 10 boot to Start Screen:

Step 1: Go to replace the Start Menu with the Start Screen.

Step 2: Turn on the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog.

Right-tap any blank area on the taskbar, and choose Properties in the menu.

Step 3: Deselect related setting in the Navigation settings.

Click the Navigation tab, deselect the setting called When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start, and then choose OK.

Later, when you restart or log in your PC, the computer will boot to Start Screen instead of desktop.

Pradeep Trout, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Boot to Start Menu instead of Desktop Windows 10

Hi Lollyann,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know if you are referring to Start button on the Task bar that helps you to boot to Start menu from desktop?

If you are referring to Start button on the Task bar, try the below and check if it helps.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.
    I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps:

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

• sfc /scannow

• dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

• powershell

• Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    6. Close the CMD window.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2019
  4. scevism Win User

scevism, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Menu instead of desktop? - Similar Threads - set boot Start

2. Initial Windows 11 start menu boot at the desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial Windows 11 start menu boot at the desktop.: During the initial Windows 11 boot at the desktop. The start menu will pop up without any interaction from the user. I would like to suppress this feature upon first boot through a registry key if possible. Is there an additional synchronous cmd we an add to an unattend file?...
  3. Initial Windows 11 start menu boot at the desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Initial Windows 11 start menu boot at the desktop.: During the initial Windows 11 boot at the desktop. The start menu will pop up without any interaction from the user. I would like to suppress this feature upon first boot through a registry key if possible. Is there an additional synchronous cmd we an add to an unattend file?...
  4. Boot to start menu in 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot to start menu in 10?: One of the reasons I liked 8 so much was the start menu design and I have had to upgrade to 10 but I want to know If it is possible for me to make it be at the start menu after I log in? submitted by /u/bogotesr [link] [comments]...
  5. HOW TO BOOT WINDOWS 10 TO START SCREEN INSTEAD OF DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO BOOT WINDOWS 10 TO START SCREEN INSTEAD OF DESKTOP: Before myriad 'improvements' to Win 10, there used to be a way to change startup options using Task Bar properties. That's no longer there. MSCONFIG and Settings appear to have nothing. I rarely go to my Desktop unless I'm using an app. It would be highly convenient if...
  6. windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu: windows 10 start menu is not coming instead it is showing windows 7 start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-is-not-coming-instead-it-is/a084a89d-cb37-44f5-b25f-330871dc724f
  7. How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu

How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu: How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-my-desktop-as-default-display-instead/b99e864c-0fee-4b86-8570-105ca2691ecc
  8. windows 10 start menu/desktop

windows 10 start menu/desktop: Hi running windows 10. I or my computer some how changed my start menu. Start button/windows key use to show all the tiles/programs I pinned (after hitting windows key or button) and I had the backgrounds I have chosen. Now when I start up computer all tiles are showing...
  9. Unable to minimize to desktop; sends me to start menu instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to minimize to desktop; sends me to start menu instead: My apologies if this isn't the right category; I wasn't really sure where to put this. Not very good with these things, honestly. Anyway, for one thing my start menu is stuck on full-screen, despite the fact that I never set this to happen and the settings say it isn't on....
  10. How to get Windows to display start screen instead of start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Windows to display start screen instead of start menu: On startup, I have it set to display the Start Screen without the Start Menu. When I exit an app the Start Menu is displayed and I have to click the Windows icon to once again display only the Start Screen (tiles only). 17857