Windows 10: How to set windows 10 to stay asleep after i click the start button, power menu, sleep menu...

Discus and support How to set windows 10 to stay asleep after i click the start button, power menu, sleep menu... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HOW TO SET WINDOWS 10 TO STAY ASLEEP AFTER I CLICK THE START BUTTON, POWER MENU, SLEEP MENU ENTRY, AND STAY ASLEEP UNTIL I PRESS THE COMPUTER'S POWER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yodalr, Jul 17, 2021.

1. yodalr Win User

How to set windows 10 to stay asleep after i click the start button, power menu, sleep menu...

HOW TO SET WINDOWS 10 TO STAY ASLEEP AFTER I CLICK THE START BUTTON, POWER MENU, SLEEP MENU ENTRY, AND STAY ASLEEP UNTIL I PRESS THE COMPUTER'S POWER BUTTON WHEN I DECIDE I WANT TO AWAKEN IT? Right now it starts updating WITHOUT my consent and wakes the PC in the middle of the night.

:)

yodalr, Jul 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Jul 17, 2021
  3. Start menu power button

My start menu power button doesn't appear and this is a windows 10 new computer and my start menu power button doesn't show anything or even shut down or hibernate or sleep.

Plz I need help.

LuisCarvalho_1717, Jul 17, 2021
  4. How to set windows 10 to stay asleep after i click the start button, power menu, sleep menu...

missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

How to set windows 10 to stay asleep after i click the start button, power menu, sleep menu...

1. How to set windows 10 to stay asleep after i click the start button, power menu, sleep menu... - Similar Threads - set stay asleep

2. How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?: No i did not just catfish you. Im in the middle of a VERY F*&ing important work meeting for work.. MY GOD DAMN JOB depends on this meeting. and my Internet ethernet port stopped working on my dock my other computers have a working internet connection ... so I need to REBOOT...
  3. How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?: No i did not just catfish you. Im in the middle of a VERY F*&ing important work meeting for work.. MY GOD DAMN JOB depends on this meeting. and my Internet ethernet port stopped working on my dock my other computers have a working internet connection ... so I need to REBOOT...
  4. How do i use the power "button" in the start menu?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App: Yo Xperts, Since the New Edge, the Start Menu Stays up after starting a selection? A new bug or is there a new option - Please do not offer SFC or check for updates. Thx, Joe...
  6. Sleep button in start menu restarts computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep button in start menu restarts computer.: As my title says, when I press the sleep button or when the timer to put my computer to sleep runs out the computer goes to sleep but immediately wakes up with a black screen and the windows logo with the dotted loading circle. It appears the computer restarts but at no point...
  7. How to customize power button in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to customize power button in Start menu?: Hi everyone, In Windows 7 it was possible (pls see picture): [img] Several options were discontinued in Windows 10, but many remained, though invisible. Can anyone know what to do to set the key in "Start menu" from Disable (default) to Hibernate (default) in Windows 10...
  8. start button right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...
  9. Start Menu button right click menu fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu button right click menu fails: I have just upgraded to Win10 and most items on the "Power User Command Menu" do not work if the menu is accessed by right-clicking the Start Menu button on the Task Bar. The only items that do work are Search, Run, Shut down and Desktop. If the menu is accessed by the other...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working: This is one of the few places where this problem is even mentioned but it was with a insider preview 14905 way back in 2016. Just about every Windows 10 install that I have has this problem. I should say just the ones that were a "free" upgrade. Fresh installs seem to be OK....