Windows 10: How to set Windows Explorer search result DEFAULTS in Windows 10

Discus and support How to set Windows Explorer search result DEFAULTS in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, This only started happening recently, but whenever I search for something in Windows Explorer on Windows 10 now, the results are delivered as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scarecroe, Apr 2, 2020.

1. How to set Windows Explorer search result DEFAULTS in Windows 10

Hi all,

This only started happening recently, but whenever I search for something in Windows Explorer on Windows 10 now, the results are delivered as View: Content and Sort: Name.

If I change View to List or Details, and change Sort to Type, the next time I start another search, it goes back to View: Content and Sort: Name again.

I've looked in the window Properties, View Options, Folder Options, etc, but all I can find are settings for how the default should look when files are sorted in Explorer, not specifically in Search. I've also looked for help documents and forums via web search, but those results are also about sorting in Explorer, not specifically for Explorer's Search results.

Anyone know how to change the View and Sort options for Search results in Explorer on Windows 10?

Much appreciated.

submitted by /u/scarecroe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/scarecroe, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 2, 2020
  4. How to set Windows Explorer search result DEFAULTS in Windows 10

How do I change the default view for Windows 10 File Explorer search results?

After visiting several Windows 10 'Help' forums, I managed to fix the problem without help in any forum, by experimentation:

• Open Windows Explorer and write anything in the search box and hit enter (the search results are in Content view)
    • Manually set the search results in view format that you want (using right-click, View ―> Layout options, or whatever)
    • Click on the View tab and select Options on the far right and click on the Change folder and search options
    • Select the Search tab and add any option (say, Include compressed files) and click on Apply
    • Close Options panel, close Windows Explorer and reopen. Repeat step 1 and voil , the view format of your search results is back the way you like it. You can repeat steps 3 and 4 to undo the change you made to the Search options.
    Now, I haven't rebooted, but if it doesn't stick after a reboot, I'll come back for a slice of humble pie.

Paul

Paul_Saute, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

How to set Windows Explorer search result DEFAULTS in Windows 10

1. How to set Windows Explorer search result DEFAULTS in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - set Explorer search

2. How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?

in Cortana
    How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?: I finally switched to Windows 10 Pro today. Among all the other things that simply do not work as well as they did in Windows 7 Pro, the standard Windows Explorer Search bar does not appear to have the basic functionality of automatically populating results as the user types...
  3. How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?: I finally switched to Windows 10 Pro today. Among all the other things that simply do not work as well as they did in Windows 7 Pro, the standard Windows Explorer Search bar does not appear to have the basic functionality of automatically populating results as the user types...
  4. How to auto-populate search results in Windows Explorer Search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows explorer search partial results

in Cortana
    windows explorer search partial results: strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files whos filename begins with the letter "A"your thoughts appreciated...
  6. windows explorer search partial results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer search partial results: strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files whos filename begins with the letter "A"your thoughts appreciated...
  7. windows explorer search partial results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Settings Search No Results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Search No Results: When i try to search something in Windows 10's Settings at that search box nothing shows up, no results. Any solutions? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-settings-search-no-results/e1cdce7a-1131-48e8-ab53-d7bc2f2e0d32
  9. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  10. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...