Windows 10: How to set X-BOX 360-controller as gaming device 1?

Discus and support How to set X-BOX 360-controller as gaming device 1? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. After cleaninstall windows 10, I have got a strange problem with my USB X-BOX 360-controller. If I plug it in right after boot, it shows as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Burgurne, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Burgurne Win User

How to set X-BOX 360-controller as gaming device 1?

Hello.
    After cleaninstall windows 10, I have got a strange problem with my USB X-BOX 360-controller. If I plug it in right after boot, it shows as device 1, but if I use the mouse or have attached my G29 wheel (and de-attached it again), then when I connect my X-BOX 360-controller it now has no 2 or 3 (randomly), and therefore the settings in my games must be changed every time. This was not a problem before this cleaninstall.

Do I need a new driver for my X-BOX 360-controller? Or is there a setting in windows 10 that always can give X-BOX 360-controller no1 (as long as it is the only gamedevice connected).

I have tried different ports and different USB 2 and USB 3, but ONLY if connected right after boot it will get the no 1. (this no can be seen on the X-BOX 360-controller as a little green line at no 1, 2, 3 or 4) I only have the driver build into windows 10, as there was no driver CD along the controller when I got it.

:)

Burgurne, Feb 19, 2019

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Feb 19, 2019
  3. X-Box 360 controller?

Hi Archonic Energy,

The issue that you are experiencing could be due to a driver conflict. To address your concern, I suggest uninstalling the Xbox 360 controller in Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps in this
    article on how to use Device Manager to uninstall devices and driver
    packages.

Regards.

Gemzon Mar, Feb 19, 2019
  4. How to set X-BOX 360-controller as gaming device 1?

X-Box 360 controller?

Hi,

so my Laptop keeps telling me there's an X-Box 360 controller connected to it.

my problem is I own no 360 controllers, I've used a steam controller, a Saitek X-52 flight controller, and a steam link in the past but those are showing as disconnected (which they should be)

any advice would be appreciated as some software defaulting to a controller i don't own.

Thanks,

Archonic Energy, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

How to set X-BOX 360-controller as gaming device 1?

1. How to set X-BOX 360-controller as gaming device 1? - Similar Threads - set BOX 360

2. X Box Seris X controller driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    X Box Seris X controller driver: I just finished uninstalling about 11 X box seris x hidden device drivers. What does it do reinstall the driver every time I unplug it and then just leave the others on your system eating resources. Thats not all any time you unhook something it reinstalls the driver and...
  3. X Box Seris X controller driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    X Box Seris X controller driver: I just finished uninstalling about 11 X box seris x hidden device drivers. What does it do reinstall the driver every time I unplug it and then just leave the others on your system eating resources. Thats not all any time you unhook something it reinstalls the driver and...
  4. X Box Seris X controller driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. x box game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    x box game bar: hi.iam always in discord when im gaming with my friends and the problem is whenerver i am in discord voice channel my mic is taken by discord and xbox game recorder does not have acces to mic and dosnt record my voice olny game and my friends voice in channeli set setting of...
  6. x box game bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    x box game bar: hi.iam always in discord when im gaming with my friends and the problem is whenerver i am in discord voice channel my mic is taken by discord and xbox game recorder does not have acces to mic and dosnt record my voice olny game and my friends voice in channeli set setting of...
  7. generic xbox one controller installing as x box 360 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    generic xbox one controller installing as x box 360 controller: Hi. I have a xbox one wireless controller. can I get help with installation of the driver for the controller. I think the best thing is to know the location of the xboxone driver in windows so that I can manually install the driver for the device....
  8. X-BOX and Game Bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    X-BOX and Game Bar: I deleted X-BOX and game bar from my laptop Windows 10. I didn't think I'd need it but it turns out I do. Is it possible to get it back? Can I download it again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/x-box-and-game-bar/e2d1b728-ecb4-466c-84e1-9aca3460460b
  9. X-Box games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    X-Box games: Do I need special X-Box equipment to play with Windows 10? I am unable to make moves using keyboard & mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/x-box-games/149cda7b-c429-4e2d-9301-5936e102f533
  10. Logitech G29 and MS X-box 360 controller conflict

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech G29 and MS X-box 360 controller conflict: Hello. After cleaninstall Windows 10 Pro 17763.348 I have got a problem, that I can't solve myself. At some games I use my Logitech G29 Wheel, and on some other games I want to use my MS X-BOX 360 controller. That has not been a problem in the past, but now I have to reboot...