Windows 10: How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

Discus and support How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tom_316, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Tom_316 Win User

How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C drive. However, my system still uses my C drive. Are there any method to free up my C drive and use my D drive for virtual memory, or it is not possible?

:)

Tom_316, Feb 24, 2024
  2. LHuck Win User

App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

DaveM121,

If I do your first suggestion so I no longer see the D drive will that let me download and install the Nox player on my computer and will it automatically go to my C drive instead of the D drive like it has been doing?

If I do your second suggestion again will I be able to download and install Nox player on my computer?

And finally, which is the best all-a-round option?

Thanks,

LHuck, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Allocation of memory from C Drive to D Drive

My Recovery D Drive is full, I have shrunk my C drive by 43GB, how to I allocate that memory to D Drive

GregoryStevens_743, Feb 24, 2024
  4. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

My C drive is full; therefore, I want free allocated memory for it but the drive next to it is used for virtual memory. What should I do?

My C drive is full; therefore, I want to delete drive next to it i.e D drive. But some 11 GBs of memory from this Drive is used for Virtual Memory and 137 MB for windows system files. And therefore, I can't delete it so that I can extend C drive. What should I do?

BIPIN KUMAR1, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

1. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive? - Similar Threads - setting virtual memory

2. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?: I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C drive. However, my system still uses my C drive. Are there any method to free up my C drive and use my D drive for virtual...
  3. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive and D drive switches up: Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is...
  4. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive and D drive switches up: Recently my cpu was hitting 100c so i changed the cooler and now its fine. But in the proces of doing so I accidently unplugged the sata cable from my hdd and plugged it back in. Since I did that now my c drive is my ssd and my d drive is my hdd. And now my c drive is...
  5. C drive and D drive switches up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Setting Onedrive to back up & sync D drive and files on C drive

Setting Onedrive to back up & sync D drive and files on C drive: I fear I have bought the wrong product for my needs but I recently purchased "OneDrive for business Plan 1" so I can back up and sync files on my workplace PC and home laptop.However, all I am given the options to back up are "documents", "desktop" and "pictures" - which is...
  7. C drive and D drive

C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  8. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  9. Transfer of memory from 'D' drive to 'C' drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer of memory from 'D' drive to 'C' drive: Can I transfer memory from Mt'D' drive to my 'C' drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-memory-from-d-drive-to-c-drive/f9ad4878-0e61-4b53-8db7-053eaafd61b9
  10. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...