Windows 10: How to Setup a Keyboard Key for a Different Special Character

Discus and support How to Setup a Keyboard Key for a Different Special Character in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried to find the answer without much luck. Or perhaps I'm not understanding the information I am finding. I'd really like to set up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kristophrrr, Nov 16, 2020.

1. How to Setup a Keyboard Key for a Different Special Character

Hello, I have tried to find the answer without much luck. Or perhaps I'm not understanding the information I am finding.

I'd really like to set up a key on my keyboard to be able to enter the symbol for pi. I end up copying and pasting it A LOT because of my online trigonometry class. I don't want to remap keys. I would like to take a key and make it the pi symbol preferably by either using alt, ctrl, shift, or fn. If I can't create a custom key, or shortcut, or hotkey, I am ok with changing a key I don't use to function as the pi symbol.

But perhaps this isn't even possible. Is the pi symbol part of the character set the keyboard can use? Any help/advice would be great. Even if its to download some software that will make this more straightforward. I'd like to avoid editing the registry myself. Thanks!

:)

kristophrrr, Nov 16, 2020

2. Change keyboard combination of a special character

How can I change key-combination of special characters on a specific language keyboard?

Example:

On a keyboard there is a key-combination for a special character. I want to be able to:

1. Use this key-combo for another special char.

or

2. Use another key-combo for this special char.

More specifically, I want to insert Unicode 200C character (zero width non-joiner) with Ctrl+Space or Shift+Space keys.

Is this even possible in windows 10?

HessamAlizadeh, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Zkuggi Win User
    Special keyboard characters.

I cannot find the special characters "ð" and "þ" in the Keyboard.

These are special Icelandic characters, Do they exist at all?

If not does anyone know if they will come with the Mango update?

Zkuggi, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Barman58 Win User

How to Setup a Keyboard Key for a Different Special Character

Special characters in Win10

My personal feeling is that the special functionality of the right Alt Key is being depreciated, All the keyboards I had to hand here did not have any markings such as the GR they used to have ... and I have read some reports is issues with the right Alt on some keyboard maps Mostly the issues with Russian after the addition of the Indian Rupee symbol, but other reports mentioned others including US

All the characters in the Full Unicode Character Sets can be inserted in windows using the Alt Key + a four digit number - All these codes are shown in windows own Character Map applet, (click on start type c h a and it will be at the top of the list. you could then make a crib sheet of those you use most and always use the Character Applet for those rare ones

Barman58, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

How to Setup a Keyboard Key for a Different Special Character

1. How to Setup a Keyboard Key for a Different Special Character - Similar Threads - Setup Keyboard Key

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  4. Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Special characters with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator: While I have successfully created layouts with the MKLC utility, my last attempt involved enhancing the keyboard with special characters through the Alt Gr + key combination. I wanted to add characters such as: Alt Gr + S: ßAlt Gr + <: «Alt Gr + >: » Alt Gr + :: …Alt Gr + N:...
  5. Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key sequences autocorrecting to special characters: I have already turned off all autocorrect options in the settings As far as I know of. However, certain keyboard shortcuts or character sequences insert special characters. e.g. Ctrl+Shift+M should insert a comment in Google Slides, instead it a types greek letter Mu it won't...
  6. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  7. Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use special characters on the keyboard: I installed two languages, French and Spanish. However I cannot use a trema above letters or use the wave in Spanish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-special-characters-on-the-keyboard/95f34eff-3237-4032-aaa5-1f20dd5bd360
  8. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  9. ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List: How to: ALT Key Codes for Special Characters List How to Type Special Characters with ALT Keyboard Sequences [img] Information Many special characters are available that may not appear on your keyboard. This tutorial will show you how to type special characters using...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...