Windows 10: How to setup a login password that's different from your Microsoft signin?

Discus and support How to setup a login password that's different from your Microsoft signin? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As per title. I would like to use a password on my screenlock but all I can do is use my Microsoft login or a PIN number Any help? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Logiman43, Feb 13, 2020.

1. How to setup a login password that's different from your Microsoft signin?

As per title.

I would like to use a password on my screenlock but all I can do is use my Microsoft login or a PIN number

Any help?

submitted by /u/Logiman43
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Logiman43, Feb 13, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

How to setup a login password that's different from your Microsoft signin?

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How to setup a login password that's different from your Microsoft signin?

1. How to setup a login password that's different from your Microsoft signin? - Similar Threads - setup login password

2. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...: Do these two accounts function the same or are they different? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-password-for-your-microsoft-account-on-the/b45df321-c983-40b9-aa28-676b254eeb32
  3. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...: Do these two accounts function the same or are they different? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-password-for-your-microsoft-account-on-the/b45df321-c983-40b9-aa28-676b254eeb32
  4. Is the password for your Microsoft account on the website different from your local...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface: I am trying to log in to my computer, but I cannot type the password. I tried using the on-screen keyboard, but it still does not work. I sign in through Microsoft account. I tried restarting the computer, it still doesn't work. I thought my keyboard is the problem, but it...
  6. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface: I am trying to log in to my computer, but I cannot type the password. I tried using the on-screen keyboard, but it still does not work. I sign in through Microsoft account. I tried restarting the computer, it still doesn't work. I thought my keyboard is the problem, but it...
  7. cannot type password on login screen, microsoft signin interface

8. Stuck on Microsoft account login on windows signin

Stuck on Microsoft account login on windows signin: I cant type, On-screen keyboard doesnt work, i cant login to my account as it cant do none.I had tried resetting my keyboard but to no anvil, there are no tips on switching accounts nor do anything. Please help. Microsoft account login on a sign in...
  9. Stuck on Microsoft account login on windows signin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Microsoft account login on windows signin: I cant type, On-screen keyboard doesnt work, i cant login to my account as it cant do none.I had tried resetting my keyboard but to no anvil, there are no tips on switching accounts nor do anything. Please help. Microsoft account login on a sign in...
  10. Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login password different from Microsoft account password - solution: Hi, I'm using the Microsoft credentials to log into my PC, and few weeks ago I wanted to change the password that I log into Windows with, so I went to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and clicked the Change button under Change your account password. This popped up a...