Windows 10: How to setup a network share or WebDAV on my Windows 10 Pro PC so I can stream video over...

Discus and support How to setup a network share or WebDAV on my Windows 10 Pro PC so I can stream video over... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What would be best to use ? Most secure and safe ? How would I go about doing it please? Thanks. I will be using Infuse Pro to watch the videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Peter_223, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Peter_223 Win User

How to setup a network share or WebDAV on my Windows 10 Pro PC so I can stream video over...

What would be best to use ? Most secure and safe ?

How would I go about doing it please?

Thanks.

I will be using Infuse Pro to watch the videos on my iPad and iPhone.

:)

Peter_223, Sep 10, 2019

2. streaming video

Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network.
    I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10.
    I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either.
    Any suggestions on the simplest way to stream from PC to TV.

thawkins53, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Video streaming

Hi Ray,

The outdated or corrupted driver could cause this issue with your computer. We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried
      updating your drivers
      ?
    • Have you tried another video streaming link?
    • How many applications running on your computer while playing video or watching live streaming?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

How to setup a network share or WebDAV on my Windows 10 Pro PC so I can stream video over...

How to limit Windows Sharing to one PC on a network?

Unfortunately, without having a domain and DC using AD DS or similar, I don't believe you can do the shares how you see them on a home-grade network without simply using accounts and account authorization. You need to treat and view these local accounts as a workstation ID instead of an account logged into your computer like you are now. In that respect, this would make limited access quite easy. Give the user of that computer the ID and password to access your PC on the network and they'll have access to specific shares. You'll be a mini-network admin in no time! *Big Grin How to setup a network share or WebDAV on my Windows 10 Pro PC so I can stream video over... :D

You can have access credentials saved on the PC accessing shares, reducing the need to login every time to access the share.

Another option would be to modify the share in Computer Management. Shared Folders > Shares.

Add a $ at the end of the share name to make it invisible, so you must know the location to access it. You will see examples of this as there are some default shares within Windows already setup this way.

With that you may still want to do as suggested above by newtekie1 with permissions and/or with local accounts to restrict access still so you can assign whom has access to that share.

Beyond that I don't believe there is a way to restrict via PC ID's, because each PC is its own identity, and none are registered to a central server like a domain controller, so using the PC name/ID as a network resource on your home network in the method you want isn't realistic. But if you can manage to accept and view extra created accounts (create them in Computer management too btw...then you have one window for creating and managing accounts and shares) as a PC ID, you'll be fine me thinks.

Kursah, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How to setup a network share or WebDAV on my Windows 10 Pro PC so I can stream video over... - Similar Threads - setup network share

2. How can I troubleshoot access permission errors to network shares on Windows 10 Pro PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I troubleshoot access permission errors to network shares on Windows 10 Pro PC: I have 3 PCs networked, all part of a single workgroup. 2 are Windows 10 Pro let’s refer to them 10-A and 10- B, one is Windows 7 7-C . 10-A displays all three PC’s in the Network, however when trying to access the network shares on 10-B and 7-C, I get a permissions error...
  3. How can I troubleshoot access permission errors to network shares on Windows 10 Pro PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I troubleshoot access permission errors to network shares on Windows 10 Pro PC: I have 3 PCs networked, all part of a single workgroup. 2 are Windows 10 Pro let’s refer to them 10-A and 10- B, one is Windows 7 7-C . 10-A displays all three PC’s in the Network, however when trying to access the network shares on 10-B and 7-C, I get a permissions error...
  4. How can I troubleshoot access permission errors to network shares on Windows 10 Pro PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Steps to Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: These steps needs to be done on each Windows PC...
  6. How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10

How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain.This article will show you how to setup and share files and folders over a network in Windows 10 and...
  7. Unsuccessful Sharing PC over network Windows 10

Unsuccessful Sharing PC over network Windows 10: For a long time my PC and my laptop have "seen" each other on my network so that I could work on files on one from the other. Recently I seem to have lost the ability to do that. My laptop "sees" itself and the PC "sees" the laptop. But neither the laptop nor the PC "see" the...
  8. Network streaming videos

Network streaming videos: I think it might be a networking issue but I’m having trouble streaming videos to my TV I’ve been doing this for over three years all of a sudden it’s a problem. I’ve been using iTunes in the beginning and I switch to Plex I cannot find my severs on my other devices I...
  9. How to share Files and Folders over a Network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to share Files and Folders over a Network in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows, like any other OS, allows you to share files with other users over a network. If you want to share Files and Folders over a Network in Windows 10, permanently or tentatively, we will tell you exactly how you [...] This post How to share Files and...
  10. How can I stream video from my Windows 10 laptop to teleision

How can I stream video from my Windows 10 laptop to teleision: How can I stream video from my Windows 10 laptop to television https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stream-video-from-my-windows-10-laptop/9b11f14c-12ca-49f7-aa48-e84fb0c44771