Windows 10: How to setup a website as wallpaper ?

Discus and support How to setup a website as wallpaper ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to setup a website as a wallpaper like active desktop back in the days ? It would be quite cool to setup a localserver which can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HairySamurai, Nov 27, 2020.

1. How to setup a website as wallpaper ?

Is there any way to setup a website as a wallpaper like active desktop back in the days ?

It would be quite cool to setup a localserver which can display stuff from various apis or even display local stuff like cpu/gpu/network metrics.

I know it was removed for security issues but if you're the one creating your own localserver I see no issues there.

I tried rainmeter but it doesn't seem able to do it. Maybe wallpaper engine would work but hasn't tested it yet since it's paid.

I also know that it's possible to do it by setting a webview (using the edge one for better perfs) between the desktop and the wallpaper through win_api, but you'll lose interactivity (though hacks like tracking mouse could work), but I'll prefer to avoid starting from scratch, even if it does not seems too difficult as per say.

Any ideas/suggestions ?

submitted by /u/HairySamurai
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HairySamurai, Nov 27, 2020

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Wallpaper with multiple monitors

Hi Bandalo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to select different wallpaper for each display in Extend display mode.

There might be some issues with system files or viruses, which is not allowing you to select different wallpapers

Please perform some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open Run command.
    • In Run window type devmgmt.msc.
    • Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.
    • Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Method 2: Please try to run SFC Scan on your computer to check all system files are working fine or not.

In order to run System File Checker (SFC) you can follow the steps provided in the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

After completion of this scan please restart computer and then check the status of your computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 27, 2020
  4. How to setup a website as wallpaper ?

Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

How to setup a website as wallpaper ?

1. How to setup a website as wallpaper ? - Similar Threads - setup website wallpaper

2. Can't setup the wallpaper with image that works as lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't setup the wallpaper with image that works as lock screen: Hello,I'm trying to setup an Cosmic Cliff image from Webb Space Telescope. I can notice that it has huge resolution Full Res, 14575 X 8441, PNG 124.71 MB. When I try to set it up as a wallpaper, my wallpaper changes to black screen shown in settings as single color, black...
  3. Can't setup the wallpaper with image that works as lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't setup the wallpaper with image that works as lock screen: Hello,I'm trying to setup an Cosmic Cliff image from Webb Space Telescope. I can notice that it has huge resolution Full Res, 14575 X 8441, PNG 124.71 MB. When I try to set it up as a wallpaper, my wallpaper changes to black screen shown in settings as single color, black...
  4. Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.: Hello there,I have a dual monitor setup with one set on portraitflipped orientation. Whenever I go to Personalize -> Background -> Right Click a picture and "Set for Desktop 1", it sets the same wallpaper for both monitors. When I select "Set for Desktop 2, nothing happens....
  5. Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't set different wallpaper on a dual monitor setup.: Hello there,I have a dual monitor setup with one set on portraitflipped orientation. Whenever I go to Personalize -> Background -> Right Click a picture and "Set for Desktop 1", it sets the same wallpaper for both monitors. When I select "Set for Desktop 2, nothing happens....
  6. How to get this wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get this wallpaper: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick and I want to get this wallpaper, give me link and thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-this-wallpaper/86b5b653-f454-4810-8fe1-314407f7e427
  7. Animated Wallpapers: How?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Animated Wallpapers: How?: I know i can just grab some from windows store and whatnot, but how do i make and use my own? gif file doesnt work, and neither does any familiar video formats. A. is it possible to make your own animated screen saver? and B. How? any help would be appreciated. submitted by...
  8. Superb HD Wallpaper website - I have to share this!

Superb HD Wallpaper website - I have to share this!: For everyone. All in different resolutions. No watermarks. Download Awesome collection of handpicked wallpapers and images Enjoy it! *Tongue 130646
  9. How do I preset my wallpaper for a dual monitor setup?

How do I preset my wallpaper for a dual monitor setup?: Okay, this may sound confusing but please bear with me. I have an external monitor plugged into a laptop when I work, but when I travel of course I just take the laptop with me. Now, I know I am able to do separate wallpapers for each display(Laptop and External) however,...
  10. Best wallpaper/background website?

Best wallpaper/background website?: What's a good place to get wallpapers/backgrounds to set as my desktop background? Preferably with technology and holiday categories, multiple resolutions, and no water marks. 25124