Windows 10: How to setup Incoming Connection?

Discus and support How to setup Incoming Connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Win10 and one thing I had in in my Win 7 setup was a VPN in to my pc from work. I was able to setup an Incoming Connection in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dafod, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Dafod Win User

How to setup Incoming Connection?

I recently upgraded to Win10 and one thing I had in in my Win 7 setup was a VPN in to my pc from work. I was able to setup an Incoming Connection in the Networking section of the control panel and bring up the file menu for a new Incoming Connection but under Win 10 I tried to do this but it wasn't there. Did anyone know how to do this?

:)

Dafod, Aug 9, 2015
  2. dafod Win User

Incoming Connection setup in Win 10 - where is it?

Hi, I just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 and I had previously had an incoming connection setup for a VPN from my Server/PC so I could remotely connect in. The issue is I cannot find out how to setup an incoming connection. If I use the Win 7 approach I cannot
    get a menu through "ALT F" as under Win 7 that allows me to setup an incoming connection. Does anyone know where or how I trigger the setup for an incoming connection under Win 10?

thanks in advance if anyone knows.

dafod, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Incoming calls on 950x

Was wondering how you setup the 950x so that incoming calls are not broadcast out lound

JeremiahAtuke, Aug 9, 2015
  4. How to setup Incoming Connection?

there is an option in the network settings screen to setup an incoming connection
    Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections (you can just paste that into the explorer address bar)
    Click File in the upper left corner and right there is says "New Incoming Connection"

cyberlunacy, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Dafod Win User
    I am sorry but my win 10 doesn't have that as far as I can tell. Yes, in win 7 but not win 10. Also, there isn't any "Network Connections" as I just tried the addressing you gave. Either I am being very dumb (highly possible) or my config is different from others in Win 10 but I don't see it. Thanks anyway

Dafod, Aug 9, 2015
  6. yeah my address assumed you were in a certain area, sorry

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center
    then click 'change adapter settings' on the left.
    then click File and new incoming connection.

cyberlunacy, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Dafod Win User
    Brilliant! Got it. Thanks. Appreciate the help
    How to setup Incoming Connection? [​IMG]

Dafod, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to setup Incoming Connection?

1. How to setup Incoming Connection? - Similar Threads - setup Incoming Connection

2. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create incoming connection: I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check...
  3. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create incoming connection: I am trying to create an incoming VPN connection, but I get the error "Windows could not create your connection" "Incoming connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access Service, which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log."When I check...
  4. Unable to create incoming connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. New Incoming Connection

New Incoming Connection: Im trying to host my own vpn on my pc but I am unable to create a new incoming connection, I keep getting this errorIf anyone knows how to fix this, id greatly appreciate it....
  6. How to check incoming LAN connections on XP?

How to check incoming LAN connections on XP?: Hi! I have an old XP machine running which serves as a file sharing PC. It is connected to the internet and to my local network also. I found some strange files on some shared folders, actually some of the files are decrypted. I know, there was some cryptolocker malware...
  7. Block incoming connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block incoming connections: Hi, I have a netgear router and the router log shows it is detecting and hopefully blocking incoming connections like port scans or DoS attacks. But McAfee running on my Win10 machine shows it is also blocking connections from external computers around the world trying to...
  8. Incoming connections blocked

Incoming connections blocked: Hi, I am having an issue where I can connect to and access shared folders on other windows computers on the same network but when they try to access my computer(via network places, run command with the IP and with the computer name) it is giving me the error "Windows cannot...
  9. VPN incoming Network connection

VPN incoming Network connection: Hi, on Win 7 I created an incoming VPN connection Using my laptop to VPN to that PC I not only had access to my own network, but also could use Internet with my home IP address. This helped in watching TV when in a foreign country *Smile I have tried to connect both to...
  10. How to setup a WIFI connection.

How to setup a WIFI connection.: I had upgraded to Win10, but it locked-up my monitor (don't ask), so I had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Win8.1 in order to get my display to work. Before, in Win8.1 and in Win10, my internet connection was working. Now Win8.1 says "your PC is not connected to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w10 incoming connection setup