Windows 10: How to setup login key on Windows 10

Discus and support How to setup login key on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had to reinstall windows 10. I used to logon with a 4 digit number. Now I am required to enter my Password. How do I get back to the key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimHawk54, Aug 23, 2018.

1. JimHawk54 Win User

How to setup login key on Windows 10

I had to reinstall windows 10. I used to logon with a 4 digit number. Now I am required to enter my Password. How do I get back to the key?

:)

JimHawk54, Aug 23, 2018

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

1. How to setup login key on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - setup login key

2. How to setup auto login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup auto login?: Hello, I've tried adjusting the registry and changing the sign in options to never require a password to log in. But in netplwiz I can't get the check box "user must better a user name and password to use this computer" to pop up. I only have one admin account logged created...
  3. How To Setup A Login PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Setup A Login PIN: I know the question is simple, but I want to make sure that I do not run into the same problem I did with my desktop computer. When I recently had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and want to setup a login PIN, however, as you know you must setup a password before you can do...
  4. How To Setup A Login PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Setup A Login PIN: I know the question is simple, but I want to make sure that I do not run into the same problem I did with my desktop computer. When I recently had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and want to setup a login PIN, however, as you know you must setup a password before you can do...
  5. Unable to Setup Login Pin for Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Setup Login Pin for Windows 10: Hello,I changed my memory stick and pc crashed a few times. So I went back to my old ram stick.Thereafter I had to do system restore because of the crashes. I updated windows again and all system component drivers etc..PC is up to date.The only problem I'm still having after...
  6. Cant login to Microsoft Account at windows 10 setup

Cant login to Microsoft Account at windows 10 setup: Hey, I've been trying to login to my Microsoft Account when I start the basic setup after formatting the pc using the media creation tool from the Microsoft page. I thought it was a driver issue so I removed everything including the GPU, hdds,ssd and only kept one ssd to...
  7. can't setup "PIN" to login to windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't setup "PIN" to login to windows: [ATTACH] this is a weird problem. i logged into my college email using the Mail app in windows 10. after that i got a message that tells me that i need to setup a new PIN to login to windows (my old PIN was 4 digits) and the new Required one should be more than 6 digits....
  8. Can't login Microsoft 10 for initial setup

Can't login Microsoft 10 for initial setup: Hi, I have a new laptop for my colleague, I set it up for her follow the instruction. It asked me to reset password while set up for Windows login then I followed. The next screen is asking if I have got a Microsoft account, I entered the email and it asked for password...
  9. setup key Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setup key Windows 10 Pro: i do have now windows home single language i am tired to setup Windows 10 Pro i format my laptop 2 time but when i setup windows i see is home single language (active withe out to typing my lesins key ) even when i convert by key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T i get error...
  10. Windows 7 key invalid for Windows 10 setup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 key invalid for Windows 10 setup.: I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and activated the key, then i installed all of the latest updates. I then downloaded the media creation tool x64 to install windows 10 and when I get to the key activation my key doesn't work. I heard a lot of people were having this...