Windows 10: How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu

Discus and support How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dele Obazenu, Nov 4, 2019.

1. How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu

How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu

:)

Dele Obazenu, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Nov 4, 2019
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu prob.jpg

psyko12, Nov 4, 2019
  4. jdepce Win User

Is there a way to have the desktop in the background and the start menu pop up instead as the default "goto" screen ?

<Original title: Start menu shows on start up>

Is there a way to have the desktop in the background and the start menu pop up instead as the default "goto" screen.

jdepce, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How to setup my desktop as default display instead of using the start menu - Similar Threads - setup desktop default

2. How do I make the start menu search popup default to "Apps" instead of "All"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make the start menu search popup default to "Apps" instead of "All"?: If I wanted to search the internet, I would have opened Chrome. How do I force this?? Win10 Pro build 19042.804 submitted by /u/brokedick6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lip8qi/how_do_i_make_the_start_menu_search_popup_default/
  3. Using Start Menu as a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Start Menu as a desktop?: Hi all Does anyone know if it's possible, within Windows 10 or using a third party program, to make the Start menu full-screen and to have it permanently replace the desktop as the thing that shows when you minimise all windows/hit the Start button/hit the Desktop button?...
  4. Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display driver failed to start using microsoft basic display driver instead: HI, Ever since the recent 1909 update my pc has been freezing even tho voice keeps continuing .. Discord calls are still connected and I can hear the other person clearly ; A disconnect reconnect device sound come and I have to restart the pc with the physical button. My...
  5. Start screen instead of desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen instead of desktop: Is there a setting that will always take me to the Start screen instead of to the Desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-screen-instead-of-desktop/73ea9282-4145-4b64-a110-e099d4468998
  6. default start menu

default start menu: how do i return to the default start menu. I guess I hit something and it changed. I want to go back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-start-menu/65c75367-a7af-48fb-8d3c-48e3ed9fa838
  7. How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Menu instead of desktop?

How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Menu instead of desktop?: this use to be option before but i cant find it anymore in windows 10 i have pro version and nothing , any suggestions i prefer live tiles rather than desktop...
  8. notifications are not using my default browser - using Avant instead

in Windows 10 Support
    notifications are not using my default browser - using Avant instead: Windows 10 notifications area. Know how to use the Settings, changed them to be longer, so I decide what to do. They all seem to open in my Avast Secure Browser, which I really do not normally use. (My browser choices are largely based on good add-ons and how well Linkman...
  9. Unable to minimize to desktop; sends me to start menu instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to minimize to desktop; sends me to start menu instead: My apologies if this isn't the right category; I wasn't really sure where to put this. Not very good with these things, honestly. Anyway, for one thing my start menu is stuck on full-screen, despite the fact that I never set this to happen and the settings say it isn't on....
  10. How to get Windows to display start screen instead of start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get Windows to display start screen instead of start menu: On startup, I have it set to display the Start Screen without the Start Menu. When I exit an app the Start Menu is displayed and I have to click the Windows icon to once again display only the Start Screen (tiles only). 17857