Windows 10: How to setup ssh server in windows10 in git bash?

Discus and support How to setup ssh server in windows10 in git bash? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Image file: https://nxnt.link/TrYSh submitted by /u/darkwarrior33 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/darkwarrior33, May 8, 2020.

1. How to setup ssh server in windows10 in git bash?

/u/darkwarrior33, May 8, 2020
  2. jimbo1qaz Win User

Experiencing multi-second delays, on opening Git Bash, msys2 bash, Python, Ubuntu Git Oh-My-Zsh, etc.

After disabling many devices from Device Manager and rebooting without Safe Mode, Git Bash did not have any lag. I opened Git Bash and began enabling devices. Enabling "AMD Radeon(TM) R5 M430" would cause Git Bash to start lagging instantly (without reboot),
    and disabling it fixed the problem.

I think I'll restore my system backup, try a driver update, and complain to AMD.

jimbo1qaz, May 8, 2020
  3. praHoc Win User
    ssh to Windows 10 with Git Bash from osx

I install git and ssh server on Windows 10. so I can ssh into the host machine.

But how can execute command on Git bash remotely?

praHoc, May 8, 2020
  4. Testman42 Win User

How to setup ssh server in windows10 in git bash?

SSH into PowerShell

So Microsoft does provide
    SSH server
    as a part of Windows 10, but that uses cmd.exe as a default shell for everyone who connects to it.

I would like to use PowerShell as a shell to be used as my default shell.

When I type "powershell" and press enter, it does appear that command was executed successfuly, but I do not actually end up in PowerShell but instead I am still in cmd.exe. So I presume that the successfully executed command means that actual powershell
    window opened on the Windows machine that I am SSHed into. This is not what I want.

Is there any way to start PowerShell from SSH session using cmd.exe as a shell or maybe even setting PowerShell as default shell?

I mean, even more than that I would prefer BASH from "Linux subsystem for Windows" to be used, but starting that when SSHed into WIndows causes the remote connection to become completely unresponsive. I do get moved into BASH, but any input that I make does
    not get registered. All I can do is kill the session and establish new one.

Testman42, May 8, 2020
Thema:

How to setup ssh server in windows10 in git bash?

1. How to setup ssh server in windows10 in git bash? - Similar Threads - setup ssh server

2. How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?: Cannot Install and run Visual Studio Code VS or Git Bash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-vs-code-and-git-bash-when-will-not/52f0b533-2b5a-4020-9754-2b423c12e13b
  3. SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash: Hi there, I enabled ssh connection from a Mac to WSL2 ubuntu following these steps-> https://www.hanselman.com/blog/the-easy-way-how-to-ssh-into-bash-and-wsl2-on-windows-10-from-an-external-machineThe first connection works well, but after terminating the session and start...
  4. SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash: Hi there, I enabled ssh connection from a Mac to WSL2 ubuntu following these steps-> https://www.hanselman.com/blog/the-easy-way-how-to-ssh-into-bash-and-wsl2-on-windows-10-from-an-external-machineThe first connection works well, but after terminating the session and start...
  5. Add Powerline to Git Bash Terminal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add Powerline to Git Bash Terminal?: So I’m trying to get some form of powerline going in my git bash terminal, but everything I find is basically geared toward mac, Linux, or PowerShell. Any help or advice would be appreciated! submitted by /u/ModelMissing [link] [comments]...
  6. SSH: tasks closed with the SSH session (Minecraft Server)

SSH: tasks closed with the SSH session (Minecraft Server): So i have tried running it normally wich runs it in the opened terminal. I also tried using start server.bat wich supposedly opens a separate CMD but it still closes with my session. submitted by /u/ZNOW_05 [link] [comments]...
  7. SSH troubles on Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSH troubles on Windows10: Hello, In my network I have a linux machine and a windows10 machine. I would like to access the linux machine from windows10 using openssh. The problem is that openssh does not work at all error: connection timed out. I tried to use powershell, uninstall openssh and...
  8. Can't ssh into Windows10 from Linux!!

Can't ssh into Windows10 from Linux!!: Hello guys, hope you all doing well. I trying to ssh from Linux Mint to Windows10 but it is asking for password but the problem is that I don't have any password set for my windows. So where can i find password for my windows ssh. I'm using windows 10 builtin ssh-service....
  9. OpenSSH server configuration on Windows10 .ssh\config

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenSSH server configuration on Windows10 .ssh\config: SSH for Windows 10 I get the message "Bad owner or permissions on C: \\ Users \\ nnn / .ssh / config Apart from update no other changes. Does anyone have any idea what that could be. If I delete the config file I get a connection. The Config file is required by Visual...
  10. GIT Bash not working in Windows 10 1709 16299.125

in Windows 10 Support
    GIT Bash not working in Windows 10 1709 16299.125: GIT Bash not working in latest version 1709 Build 16299.125. Any solutions? Would greatly appreciate. Thank you, 102839