Windows 10: how to setup two computers on same network with different owners

Discus and support how to setup two computers on same network with different owners in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11 Pro on both machines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by thelesterfamily, May 25, 2023.

1. how to setup two computers on same network with different owners

Windows 11 Pro on both machines

:)

thelesterfamily, May 25, 2023
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Different IDE setups?

Will Sir-Reals suggestion really work? I figured if the pin's there in some setups and not there in others it would make a difference...

3. Unable to setup Homegroup on Windows 10 computer

Hello Mike,

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Did you try setting up HomeGroup on another computer?
    • Is your computer installed with any third party Antivirus or Online security software?
    Suggest you to check this issue by restarting your computer once, post complete shutdown, to see if it goes correctly. Also ensure that your computer is up to date with Windows Updates.
    Go to Start Button/>Settings/>Update & Security/> Windows Update and click
    Check the updates. If you find any pending updates, then try to install them and see if it makes any difference.

Follow the below mentioned steps to setup HomeGroup on Windows 10.

• Right-click on Start and select
      Control Panel from the context menu.

• Select
      Network and Sharing
      center option, then click on the
      HomeGroup
      at the bottom left fringe on the Network and Sharing Center window.

• Click
      Create a homegroup
      button. You see the list of files and devices that you would like to share within the HomeGroup.

• On the drop down menu beside every item set the
      level of permission of each item, then click Next once you are done.

• You will be taken to the next step where you can see an
      auto-generated password. If the computer need to participate in the HomeGroup then they require this password for authentication. You can also modify the password later. Tap the
      Finish button.
    Now join other PC into this HomeGroup, which you think should participate in the HomeGroup activities.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 26, 2023
  4. MisterEd Win User

how to setup two computers on same network with different owners

Computers Vanished From File Explorer But Network Still Works

I agree with @Try3. I have tried every suggested method to fix Windows networking suggested on these forums. All at best only worked for a short time. The only things that helped was:
    1. Batch file I suggested in an earlier post
    2. Creating shortcuts to computers on my home network
    Note these two things are not fixes but workaround. However, at least they help and have never failed.

I have shortcuts set up for eight computers on my home network. I have created a folder on my desktop called My Network to hold the shortcuts. They have a mix of the following operating systems:
    • Windows 10 - 4
    • Windows 7 - 3
    • Windows XP - 1

how to setup two computers on same network with different owners 0136816t-computers-vanished-file-explorer-but-network-still-works-2022-04-16-14_19_39-my-network.jpg

MisterEd, May 26, 2023
Thema:

how to setup two computers on same network with different owners

1. how to setup two computers on same network with different owners - Similar Threads - setup computers same

2. How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network: I'm a database guy with a customer running a restaurant.Their POS software is hosted on one Windows 10 PC we'll call this the "POS PC" and there is another Windows 10 PC on the same network from which they want to perform reporting we'll call this the "Reporting PC."I have...
  3. How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network: I'm a database guy with a customer running a restaurant.Their POS software is hosted on one Windows 10 PC we'll call this the "POS PC" and there is another Windows 10 PC on the same network from which they want to perform reporting we'll call this the "Reporting PC."I have...
  4. How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. how to setup two computers on same network with different owners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to setup two computers on same network with different owners: Windows 11 Pro on both machines https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-two-computers-on-same-network-with/c7caa05d-4dc9-4383-a699-7b432481151a
  6. How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?: I recently got an Alienware pc and was setting up some things and when I tried to log into outlook, it was asking me for a product key. I am very confused about what I should do next....
  7. How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to log into the same outlook account on two different computers?: I recently got an Alienware pc and was setting up some things and when I tried to log into outlook, it was asking me for a product key. I am very confused about what I should do next....
  8. How to use two different Bluetooth adapters on same computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use two different Bluetooth adapters on same computer: I have a PS3 controller that I want to use on my computer with Bluetooth and the software SCP Toolkit but to install the Bluetooth driver, it would have to change the frequency or something of my internal Bluetooth adapter and it wouldn't work with my other devices. So one...
  9. Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's...

Two computers on the same network see different amount of networked pc's...: I have two computers in my office. My desktop and a laptop that goes home with me every night. When at work I connect my laptop to our offices hard wired workgroup of pc's, and I also have it connected to wifi so that I can get online as well. Most of our hardwired, networked...
  10. How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks

How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks: I don't know how to describe this properly, but here goes. I have a wifi router in my home with internet access (it is the DSL router/WiFi device provided by AT&T). In my home I have several computers on IP address 192.168.1.xxx One of these computers is my laptop. I have a...