Windows 10: How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks

Discus and support How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know how to describe this properly, but here goes. I have a wifi router in my home with internet access (it is the DSL router/WiFi device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CountryBumkin, Dec 31, 2018.

1. How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks

I don't know how to describe this properly, but here goes.

I have a wifi router in my home with internet access (it is the DSL router/WiFi device provided by AT&T). In my home I have several computers on IP address 192.168.1.xxx One of these computers is my laptop.

I have a motorhome (I store it on my property). The motorhome has a router in it (it's a D-link DGL-4500) It connects to the motorhome's AVR, TVs, and BD player. I can use my Laptop to connect the motorhome network (which is on IP 192.168.0.xxx). But I can't get the AT&T internet on this router (the motorhome is too far away from my house, I think)

My Laptop has a built in WiFi, and it has a USB WiFi booster adapter (Alfa AWUS-036nh) so I see WiFi 1 and WiFi 2 on the laptop (1 is the home network/internet and 2 is the motorhome). With the Alfa I can see my home network on the Laptop and get Internet access on the Laptop while in the motorhome. However the motorhome network and Home network are seperate. I can't share files or connect the motorhome router to the internet (which is desirable so I can get movie streaming on my motorhome TV).

My question:
    Can I put the motorhome router on the same IP network (the 192.168.1.xxx) so I can access the other computers files, and get connected to the internet? I'm thinking the Alfa WiFi will pick up the internet and home network and share it to the D-Link router in the motorhome.

Or is there another way to get my AT&T provided internet into the motorhome?

Thanks

:)

CountryBumkin, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Seany1212 Win User

Small business Wifi Network for 20-30 Devices?

I have been looking at this exact problem myself with the same range of numbers. I've found there are a wide range of choices and performance of the network very much depends on how much money you're willing to put into it.

Our wifi consisted of a single modem/router and the devices were only requesting internet access, the problem we were getting was either devices getting dropped off the network or just very little internet access at all when it was connected. From doing some studying I concluded that i could improve the performance by separating the roles, having a modem dealing with the connection to the outside world and DHCP and having a more powerful router handle the wireless devices (the router I was looking at was the model down from your suggested one, the Asus RT-N66U), you could probably go one further and add a low spec'd server box dealing with DHCP, DNS, etc. This was the cheapest option but left no real room for scaling up devices.

The other was as has been suggested, getting a wireless controller/gateway with multiple access points, obviously the cost scales higher but you also increase the overall capacity of the network with good performance, and usually with a good controller you can further add more access points to increase range/devices.

I think in this case it's very much you get what you pay for.

Seany1212, Dec 31, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Dec 31, 2018
  4. How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks

Poor transfer speeds over network with WiFi [Solved]

The more devices accessing the wifi the more traffic there is,qos has to schedule bandwidth, there could be other wifi networks on same channel as yours is...

eidairaman1, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks

1. How to setup two WiFi devices on same computer to access two networks - Similar Threads - setup WiFi devices

2. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  3. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  4. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network: I'm a database guy with a customer running a restaurant.Their POS software is hosted on one Windows 10 PC we'll call this the "POS PC" and there is another Windows 10 PC on the same network from which they want to perform reporting we'll call this the "Reporting PC."I have...
  6. How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network

How to Automate Network Connection Between Two Computers on the Same Network: I'm a database guy with a customer running a restaurant.Their POS software is hosted on one Windows 10 PC we'll call this the "POS PC" and there is another Windows 10 PC on the same network from which they want to perform reporting we'll call this the "Reporting PC."I have...
  7. how to setup two computers on same network with different owners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to setup two computers on same network with different owners: Windows 11 Pro on both machines https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-two-computers-on-same-network-with/c7caa05d-4dc9-4383-a699-7b432481151a
  8. how to setup two computers on same network with different owners

how to setup two computers on same network with different owners: Windows 11 Pro on both machines https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-two-computers-on-same-network-with/c7caa05d-4dc9-4383-a699-7b432481151a
  9. Can't connect two computers on same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect two computers on same network: Hello.Ever since Microsoft in its ever infinite wisdom, because they think they know what we want got rid of the HOME NETWORK or whatever it was called, and was extremely easy to use, I haven't been able to connect my two computers on the same network. I've tried all the...
  10. Can't connect two computers on same network

Can't connect two computers on same network: Hello.Ever since Microsoft in its ever infinite wisdom, because they think they know what we want got rid of the HOME NETWORK or whatever it was called, and was extremely easy to use, I haven't been able to connect my two computers on the same network. I've tried all the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows multiple wifi networks on same device