Windows 10: how to setup visual studiowith unity

Discus and support how to setup visual studiowith unity in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was just wanting to know how to set up visual studio with unity. I already have visual studio installed, and I currently only have the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CreeperKing, Jun 26, 2020.

1. how to setup visual studiowith unity

I was just wanting to know how to set up visual studio with unity. I already have visual studio installed, and I currently only have the windows desktop app with .net framework support installed. I need to know if I have to download and install unity from their website or do I just install the tools from the visual studio installer or both.

What I am trying to ask is:

Do I only have to download and install unity from the unity website?

Do I only have to download and install the unity tools from the visual studio installer?

Or do I have to do both?

:)

CreeperKing, Jun 26, 2020

2. Visual Studio with Unity 18

Hey Guys,

I installed Unity 18 on my laptop and it prompted for Visual Studio 17 additions. I installed Visual Studio on my desktop but when installing Unity on it - there doesn't seem to be any recognition of VS being on my machine.

Does anyone know why this is?

T.

TravisTaylor1, Jun 26, 2020
  3. DEFFULS Win User
    Visual Studio 2017 problem with Unity Tools

And i forgot something, i don't remember but this maybe..maybe could work too.

Install clear Visual Studio without Unity Tools, and just after that install Unity, and in "Unity Installation, select Visual Studio for Unity(something like that, where is also stuff like Android/IOS,Windows/Mac....This maybe will work.

DEFFULS, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

how to setup visual studiowith unity

unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Hi Daryl,

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Unity Web Player from Programs and features and check the status of the issue.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    As you have clearly described that the issue is with Unity Web Player not with game or browser and Unity Web Player is not developed by Microsoft. I suggest you to contact
    Unity Web Player Support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

how to setup visual studiowith unity

1. how to setup visual studiowith unity - Similar Threads - setup visual studiowith

2. Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes: I keep having an issue with visual studio setup. Whenever I launch it it just crashes with no error box but I was able to find an error in Event Viewer and these are the errors:...
  3. Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes: I keep having an issue with visual studio setup. Whenever I launch it it just crashes with no error box but I was able to find an error in Event Viewer and these are the errors:...
  4. Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD in Unity Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in Unity Games: Hello. I've big problem with Unity made games. Valheim, Tabletop, Cuphead, Slime Rancher... After 10-15min I get instantly blue screen. I attached my latest dump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIYuTa2Sz4shT-ReA9FqGtNqlgu?e=3hjsjm...
  6. BSOD in Unity Games

BSOD in Unity Games: Hello. I've big problem with Unity made games. Valheim, Tabletop, Cuphead, Slime Rancher... After 10-15min I get instantly blue screen. I attached my latest dump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIYuTa2Sz4shT-ReA9FqGtNqlgu?e=3hjsjm...
  7. CMD, AutoRun and Unity

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD, AutoRun and Unity: Hello everyone, I had an issue where when I open cmd nothing popped up, usually there are a few lines and then I can start typing. This time when I open it I just get a black screen. I foundon this forum that I can add "AutoRun" in the Registry Editor to fix it, and it...
  8. Visual Studio 2017 problem with Unity Tools

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio 2017 problem with Unity Tools: Hello, i installed Unity 2018.3.4f1 (64-bit) and Visual Studio 2017 Community but in Visual Studio installer i can't select Unity Tools. "not Win10ThreSholdOneAndTwoBuildNumber".[ATTACH] Any ideas how to fix that ?...
  9. Unity content error

Unity content error: Hi, Recently I've been playing some online poker through IOS browser (firefox) and now whenever I try to connect I get the following message. An error occurred running the Unity content on this page. See your browser JavaScript console for more info. The error was:...
  10. Setup blocked - Visual studio installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup blocked - Visual studio installing: Hi, I installing Visual Studio 2013 on windows 10 but when I start setup program, It said me Setup Blocked. Under this is ,,Windows Program Compatibility mode is on. Turn it off and then try Setup again." Full window you can see on screenshot. I try all methods on internet,...