Windows 10: How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other...

Discus and support How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other mobile phones. as shown in the following link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DEE_289, Aug 23, 2018.

1. DEE_289 Win User

How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other...

How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other mobile phones.

as shown in the following link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/connect-your-device/setupwifidirect

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/learn-about-hardware/hardwarecompatlist

i have one lenovo s510p laptop with windows 10 on it with up to date settings.....i also have TP-Link TL-WN725N WIRELESS N Nano USB Adapter....

In hardware compatibility list this wireless adapter is mentioned... I wanted to know how to setup the wifi direct settings on my computer ?please help me

thanks,

Regards,

Dee

:)

DEE_289, Aug 23, 2018
  2. mel2000 Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my Android phone on Wi-Fi direct

I don't have a rooted phone but I can't get WiFi Direct to connect to my laptop.

• Moto G5S+ XT1806 Android 7.1 (unrooted)
    • Windows 10 HP-15 laptop

• phone: AdClear local VPN firewall/adblocker -> disabled/enabled -> no difference
    • PC: Devices & Printers -> add device -> xt1806 found but not connected (grayed-out)
    • Disconnected PC from home WiFi connection
    • Disconnected phone from home WiFi connection
    • Connected phone to its cellular data connection
    • phone: Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> WiFi Direct -> (searching) -> no PC found
    • Disconnected phone from its cellular data connection
    • Reconnected phone to home WiFi connection
    • phone: Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> WiFi Direct -> (searching) -> no PC found
    • disabled/enabled Win 10 firewall and tried again -> no difference
    • Windows Network Diagnostics found no issues.

Is my AT&T carrier preventing the connection from happening? Do I need a specific app to make the connection? Any help troubleshooting this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mel2000, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro and enable Wifi Direct

I'm trying to connect my Samsung mobile via Wifi Direct to my laptop with windows 10 Pro installed.

When I go to settings--add a device a see my mobile listed and when I press connect the mobile warns me

I have to press a button on the mobile to connect the device with my laptop. The connection fails over and over.

What goes wrong her?

MarcelKossen, Aug 23, 2018
  4. How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other...

Windows 10 wifi direct password

I bought a windows 10 laptop recently and today i tried to connect to it with wifi direct from my android smart phone and it worked. The way i did it by opening settings on my Lg g4 smartphone, going into wifi, turning it on, opening the advanced settings,
    and going to wifi direct and tapping "search". On my acer e5-575g-53vg laptop i went to the settings, devices, connected devices,and clicked "add a device" and selcted my phone. Everything went well and it said it connected. Later i tried reconnecting to it
    and on my android phone in wifi (not wifi direct) it shows the laptop and when i try to connect it say i need a password, but i never set one. How do i find it? Everytime i try to connect to my phone from the laptop i get the error "device quit waiting, try
    again" how do i find the password for wifi direct?

Ethan_D_Smith, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other...

1. How to setup wifi direct settings and connect devices with windows 10 laptop and other... - Similar Threads - setup wifi direct

2. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-yet-other-laptop-is/569a755f-0643-4023-8241-6515c96c74e5
  3. wifi direct setting does not show in windows 10

wifi direct setting does not show in windows 10: Hi, I need to connect my TV to my laptop using wifi. As I searched, I found out that I should use Wifi Direct to solve the problem but I can not find my Wifi Direct Setting anywhere. There are lots of articles stating that it is on Devices/ Bluetooth & other Devices at the...
  4. Wifi showing "Not Connected" on Laptop. Every other device is working fine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi showing "Not Connected" on Laptop. Every other device is working fine.: This started happening today only. Only thing I've changed since yesterday is disabling lock screen in group policy. Restarting doesn't help. Troubleshooter runs for 5+ minutes, and doesn't show any problems. However, wifi gets connected once troubleshooter finishes. It...
  5. Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!: Wifi is on but it is not showing a single wifi connection, I have tried reinstalling of drivers from device managers but it doesn't work, kindly reply asap. What are the possible causes for the same, kindly give some suggestions. [ATTACH]...
  6. Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  7. Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  8. Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop: laptop and printer were communicating thru wifi but no longer. I wired printer to laptop directly and still unable to print. Please help, thank you.......
  9. Wifi direct closes when a device connects to it

Wifi direct closes when a device connects to it: I am updating a system that requires a WiFi connection between three devices. I had been using an ad-hoc (SoftAP) network hosted Windows 7 on a laptop that got destroyed in an accident. The new laptop has Windows 10 and SoftAP is no longer an option. I have purchased, from...
  10. How to setup a WIFI connection.

How to setup a WIFI connection.: I had upgraded to Win10, but it locked-up my monitor (don't ask), so I had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Win8.1 in order to get my display to work. Before, in Win8.1 and in Win10, my internet connection was working. Now Win8.1 says "your PC is not connected to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi direct setup

2. wifi direct setup windows 10

3. wifi direct windows 10 setup

4. windows 10 wifi direct settings,
  5. wifi direct windows 10,
  6. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/connect-your-device/setupwifidirect ,
  7. how to set up wifi direct on laptop,
  8. setup wifi device LG,
  9. wifi direct settings,
  10. enable wifi direct windows 10 setup,
  11. windows 10 wifi direct,
  12. wi-fi direct devices windows 10,
  13. wifi direct settings windows 10,
  14. wi-fi direct devices,
  15. wifi direct settings in windows 10