Windows 10: How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account

Discus and support How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok my new computer will get Windows 11 Home. I don't want to use a microsoft account. Can I just use a local account with Windows 11 Home?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nick_Balandiat, Oct 25, 2021.

1. How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account

Ok my new computer will get Windows 11 Home. I don't want to use a microsoft account. Can I just use a local account with Windows 11 Home?

:)

Nick_Balandiat, Oct 25, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 25, 2021
  4. How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account

1. How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account - Similar Threads - setup Home Local

2. create a local account during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a local account during setup: I volunteer at a local shelter and at a seniors center. My job is to take older donated laptops, securely wipe them clean, and load a copy of Windows.These laptops might be used for kids, for volunteers to teach computing skills, or in a common room for job searches, web...
  3. create a local account during setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create a local account during setup: I volunteer at a local shelter and at a seniors center. My job is to take older donated laptops, securely wipe them clean, and load a copy of Windows.These laptops might be used for kids, for volunteers to teach computing skills, or in a common room for job searches, web...
  4. How to setup new local account password for windows 11 without microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setup new local account password for windows 11 without microsoft account?: I am unable to get my windows 11 local account password or setting up new local account password. any help is highly appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-new-local-account-password-for/a8b896fb-c173-4f22-98ea-7a164dc1e752
  5. How to setup new local account password for windows 11 without microsoft account?

How to setup new local account password for windows 11 without microsoft account?: I am unable to get my windows 11 local account password or setting up new local account password. any help is highly appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-new-local-account-password-for/a8b896fb-c173-4f22-98ea-7a164dc1e752
  6. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fast. Rebooted and selected other user. It then wants and email and password. Since user was setup without email, I Clicked the keypad under the...
  7. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  8. Local user account setup windows 10

Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  9. How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account

How to setup Windows 11 Home with a Local Account: Ok my new computer will get Windows 11 Home. I don't want to use a microsoft account. Can I just use a local account with Windows 11 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-windows-11-home-with-a-local-account/a6f10e1f-2c8d-4d92-a63a-64d541cfdf63
  10. How to install Windows 11 with a Local Account

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Windows 11 with a Local Account: [ATTACH]A Local Account and Windows have always gone hand to hand. There are many who would like to have an account that is not connected to the internet at all. Plain old simple local account. However, starting with Windows 10, Microsoft has been pushing hard to use the...