Windows 10: How to share 3rd party applications between user accounts

Discus and support How to share 3rd party applications between user accounts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Me and my wife have seperate accounts but theres some applications that we both want to use but i only want to install once, therefore only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LiamRidley1, Dec 3, 2020.

1. How to share 3rd party applications between user accounts

Hello

Me and my wife have seperate accounts but theres some applications that we both want to use but i only want to install once, therefore only taking up one installations worth of space in the memory.

I have followed the below guidance and that seems to work however, it still means that there is a copy saved on my account and a copy within the all users account.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/how-to-share-programs-between-different-usernames/18204038-1c45-4a86-be6f-67f5dc462909

is there anyway around this?

Windows 10 - latest build.

thanks

Liam

:)

LiamRidley1, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Guitar uk Win User

Enable 3rd party access to a child account

After clicking the greyed Manage Profile link under the first list of children’s accounts described above by DaruisCavina, it asked me to sign in as
    one of my children, then it did not present a list of all of them to edit.

When I repeated the process and signed in as myself again (parent account) I had a list for changing the 3rd party permissons for all the children’s accounts

Guitar uk, Dec 3, 2020
  3. ngoyal Win User
    Unable to install any 3rd party applications

I have a nokia e61. I have been trying to install 3rd party apps like newsgator, truphone, google maps etc on my phone. It dowloads the applications and immediately thereafter gives me a message 'Unable to install'. Any suggestions anyone.

ngoyal, Dec 3, 2020
  4. How to share 3rd party applications between user accounts

Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

How to share 3rd party applications between user accounts

1. How to share 3rd party applications between user accounts - Similar Threads - share 3rd party

2. Issue with location on 3rd party application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  3. Issue with location on 3rd party application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  4. How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?: How can I connect my tablet to our computer network? We have a network of computers connected to each other, and I would like the ability to add a tablet to the network. That way we can access/view/map files from the network onto the tablet. I would like to be able to walk...
  5. How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?

How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?: How can I connect my tablet to our computer network? We have a network of computers connected to each other, and I would like the ability to add a tablet to the network. That way we can access/view/map files from the network onto the tablet. I would like to be able to walk...
  6. How to connect Tablet to Network, without 3rd party application?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  8. Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.

Sharing Apps between user accounts on Windows 10.: HiI was looking for a way to share some apps in my account to my brother account. For example, I have program X in my account. But another user can't use app and have to install it again. This will take entire space in my PC and I don't know what to do....
  9. Prevent 3rd Party Applications from Adjusting Microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent 3rd Party Applications from Adjusting Microphone: I want Windows 10 to prevent 3rd Party Applications from adjusting the microphone gain.I spent a year troubleshooting this problem. Brought about 1000USD worth of mics, headphones, external mics trying to eliminate a ground loop hum and ambient noise from being picked up by...
  10. 3rd party applications not detecting microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3rd party applications not detecting microphone.: Hello, I recently did a full reset of my PC and my microphone stopped detecting any sound on 3rd party applications like browsers or Discord. When I try to record anything, silence is recorded. However it works perfectly fine on all native Windows apps and surprisingly...