Windows 10: How to share a specific folder on my computer with Onedrive

Discus and support How to share a specific folder on my computer with Onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Onedrive expertsI need to give remote access to a speciic folder on my computer to remote colleagues. We are in different workgroups as we are on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidWest40, Jul 6, 2021.

1. How to share a specific folder on my computer with Onedrive

Hi Onedrive expertsI need to give remote access to a speciic folder on my computer to remote colleagues. We are in different workgroups as we are on different networks. The obvious answer is to copy the folder to my Onedrive and set it to sync automatically, then share the folder with my colleagues.I have copied the folder to Onedrive, but am unsure if it is syncing - How do I check this?Can I make sure that only this folder is synced?How do I share the folder with my colleagues?Many thanksDavid

:)

DavidWest40, Jul 6, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Share a specific folder into cloud such as one drive or google drive?

Excellent instructions. I would just add one more step: If user uses OneDrive Files on Demand feature, then user needs to right click the OneDrive\OpenTTD folder on both computers and select Always keep on this device:

How to share a specific folder on my computer with Onedrive [​IMG]

Kari, Jul 6, 2021
  3. AndreTen Win User
    How to share folders with a specific user on another computer

Desktop is protected folder (anti Ransomware in Windows defender).

Try make a share somewhere else...

Edit: tried here and I have no problem to write on another computer's Desktop.

When sharing folder on first cumputer (in advanced mode), did you follow all the steps? - add user / find / ...

And finally add User (your username - hope it is with administrator rights) that is the same on both computers.

And then follow the steps below:

AndreTen, Jul 6, 2021
  4. How to share a specific folder on my computer with Onedrive

OneDrive sharing help

Its should be indefinite. I have a shared folder with a friend of mine for about two years now. Is it automatically cutting off?

TheMailMan78, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

How to share a specific folder on my computer with Onedrive

1. How to share a specific folder on my computer with Onedrive - Similar Threads - share specific folder

2. Porblem - Network shared folder not accessible by a specific computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Porblem - Network shared folder not accessible by a specific computer: HiI am using Windows 10 on the "server" server computer and "Haris" my workstation. I shared a folder from the "server" to be accessed by "Haris" and other computers.While other computers can access that folder just fine, "Haris" can't access the shared folder. I see that...
  3. Porblem - Network shared folder not accessible by a specific computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Porblem - Network shared folder not accessible by a specific computer: HiI am using Windows 10 on the "server" server computer and "Haris" my workstation. I shared a folder from the "server" to be accessed by "Haris" and other computers.While other computers can access that folder just fine, "Haris" can't access the shared folder. I see that...
  4. Porblem - Network shared folder not accessible by a specific computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...

I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...: I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file appears in their cloud account, but not on their computer. How canI get it to appear on their computer too?...
  6. I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file...: I've just shared a folder on my personal onedrive. On the sharee's computer this file appears in their cloud account, but not on their computer. How canI get it to appear on their computer too?...
  7. How to share folder to specific user on specific PC on the network

How to share folder to specific user on specific PC on the network: Hello, I have 3 PCs running Windows 10 (Home) and one of them is sharing a folder to the others. I shared the folder using Right click on the folder > Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Share this folder > Permissions > Everyone > Change (Or Full Access, depends what I...
  8. OneDrive Shared Folder

OneDrive Shared Folder: I am trying to use a OneDrive shared folder ( Frame ) as a source of Photos for a Digital PhotoFrame. I want others to be able to drop photos to this folder. My Wife and I use Ipads. I shared my ' Frame ' folder with her. On MY Ipad, I CAN select a photo and send it to the '...
  9. how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders

how to determine whether 2 computers are sharing their OneDrive folders: Hi, I want 2 computers to share their OneDrive folders. One computer is running Windows 7, the other is running Windows 10. As a test, on each computer, I copied a file to their OneDrive folder. The two files have different names. Neither computer's OneDrive folder has the...
  10. How to share folders with a specific user on another computer

How to share folders with a specific user on another computer: I've gone through the tutorials here on how to set up share folders. Very useful. I've done a fair bit of google searching as well. There does not seem to be an answer to my question. I have some folders on my desktop PC that I have shared on my network using the "Everyone"...