Windows 10: How to share data with virtual machine in qemu?

Discus and support How to share data with virtual machine in qemu? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Using Qemu, I created a virtual machine with Windows XP Professional SP3 x86. However, how do I share a folder in Windows 10 so I can work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichalRama, Dec 5, 2020.

1. How to share data with virtual machine in qemu?

Hello,

Using Qemu, I created a virtual machine with Windows XP Professional SP3 x86.

However, how do I share a folder in Windows 10 so I can work with it in a virtual machine, please?

Thank you

PS.

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 2004

Installed on ‎20.‎11.‎2020

OS build 20262.1010

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.27510.10320.0

:)

MichalRama, Dec 5, 2020

2. qemu-kvm

virt-manager is the gui that can be used to do exactly this.

from the open source project:QEMU is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.

When used as a machine emulator, QEMU can run OSes and programs made for one machine (e.g. an ARM board) on a different machine (e.g. your own PC). By using dynamic translation, it achieves very good performance.

When used as a virtualizer, QEMU achieves near native performances by executing the guest code directly on the host CPU. QEMU supports virtualization when executing under the Xen hypervisor or using the KVM kernel module in Linux. When using KVM, QEMU can virtualize x86, server and embedded PowerPC, and S390 guests.

Easy Rhino, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Idar Lund Win User
    Qemu HDA device non functional in Windows 10 1903

The device driver "HD Audio" got broken from 1809 to 1903 when the machine is a QEMU virtual machine.

The working driver is named:

10.0.17763.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800) from 14th sept 2018

The non-working driver is:

10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800) from 18th march 2019

There's also a filed bug report over at Qemu (Bug #1839060 “HDA device non functional in Windows 10 1903” : Bugs : QEMU), but I belive this is an error that Microsoft should address
    and fix.

Idar Lund, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to share data with virtual machine in qemu?

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

How to share data with virtual machine in qemu?

1. How to share data with virtual machine in qemu? - Similar Threads - share data virtual

2. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine: Me want to go to Free Virtual windows thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/09a68db0-55fb-46e4-8ea2-2238cdaabe20
  3. Windows activation in KVM/qemu virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation in KVM/qemu virtual machine: Hello, I have a problem with the activation of Win10 Pro. I have a digital license win7 upgrade in 2015 or something like that... I reinstalled my virtual machine with some new tweaks etc. the problem is now that I cannot activate Windows anymore with my Microsoft account...
  4. [BSOD] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when starting any virtual machine Qemu Android Emulator for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when starting any virtual machine Qemu Android Emulator for...: Hello everyone. I know there are thousands of threads regarding this kind of bluescreen of death. But I feel like for all of these there is a different reason for this happening. The problem only occurs to me whenever I boot up any virtual machine. Resuming it always worked...
  5. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  6. virtual machines

virtual machines: I have windows 10 pro as my main os and i want a copy of the same os so i can play around with the system configurations without harming my main os. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machines/8896c12f-46cf-4120-a190-fb287326fdf3
  7. Virtual Machine

Virtual Machine: I recently installed Hyper-V on my Lenovo Windows 10 machine and am trying to set up a Virtual Machine. I saw Andre Da Costa's post on Groovypost.com in regards to this. His post was dated January 11, 2019. I have not been able to access the BIOS setup screen, as pictured...
  8. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...
  9. Virtual Machine Shielding Data Why so...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtual Machine Shielding Data Why so...: I need some security help and i just cant get it anywhere i go the computer repair shop they doesnt know what their doing i look online i cant find a sensible instruction... Okay it's like this I want to run a shielding VM I got the Network Adapter up on running but when...
  10. How Contained is a Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How Contained is a Virtual Machine: I guess I should know this but I don't. If I create a VM with say win version 1703 or 1709 or even DL the "latest and greatest" 1803 and let the updates fly will anything installed to that VM be written to the BIOS "outside" of the VM? Didn't either the Spectre or Meltdown...