Windows 10: How to share & download Cloud PC Restore Points

Discus and support How to share & download Cloud PC Restore Points in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]Just like on your local Windows PC, you can create your own restore points on your Cloud PC and in addition to that, you can also copy that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 7, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

How to share & download Cloud PC Restore Points

How to share & download Cloud PC Restore Points [​IMG]
    Just like on your local Windows PC, you can create your own restore points on your Cloud PC and in addition to that, you can also copy that restore point to an Azure Storage Account. In this post, we will show you how to share & download Cloud PC Restore Points. How to share & […]

This article How to share & download Cloud PC Restore Points first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 7, 2023
  2. Vineet_K Win User

Reset your PC using cloud download fails

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in resetting PC using cloud download option

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model number of your PC?
    • What happens when you select cloud download option for reset?
    • Do you get any error while trying to reset PC using cloud?
    • Do you use Wi-Fi or wired connection for internet?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    Please provide more information regarding the issue

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to perform a clean installation of Windows on PC, you can refer the section Clean install of Windows 10 using installation media from the article Reinstall Windows 10

Note: Performing a clean installation will remove all the applications/programs. Hence before doing that, please backup your important data at least on an external hard disk

If you are unsure about performing any steps, we do have videos for the same, you can watch the videos and perform the steps.

Refer: How to Clean Install Windows 10 on a PC Step-by-Step Guide

Additional information:

Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud

https://insider.windows.com/en-us/articles/optimize-windows-10-pc-reset-using-the-cloud

Let us know how it goes, we would be glad to help you further

Vineet Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Vineet_K, May 7, 2023
  3. Ferds_N Win User
    restore point

Hi there mikewilson4, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

This is possible if you have a restore point that can restore your computer 2 months back.

To check your restore point please follow this,

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.

Notes

If you don’t see the restore point that you want to use, select the Show more restore points check box to see more restore points.

If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. Here’s how to check:

In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results.

In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

Select Recovery > Configure System Restore > Configure and see if the Turn on system protection option is selected.

If the Turn on system protection option is not selected, system protection isn’t turned on and there aren't any restore points. In this scenario, you won't be able to recovery your PC using a system restore point and will need to use one of the other recovery options listed on this page.

If the Turn on system protection option is selected, continue with step 6.

You'll see a list of items that will be deleted if you remove this restore point. If you're OK with the deletions, select Close> Next > Finish.

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/12415/...

Ferds_N, May 7, 2023
  4. spunk Win User

Cannot create restore point

Try the first 3 steps in this link Solved: Can’t Create Restore Point in Windows 10 | 4 Ways.
    You do not need Bitdefender, you have Windows Security (Defender) that comes with Windows and provides all the protection you need, it is Free and updates with Windows. Use Bitdefender's Uninstaller to remove it, as it may be causing conflict with System Restore. Then restart the comptuier, see if you can create a System Restore point. We also don't suggest depending on System Restore, as it works until you need it. We suggest you create an Image file of your computer using Macrium Reflect or your favorite Clone software and saving the image on another drive in or external to your computer or Cloud Service.

spunk, May 7, 2023
Thema:

1. How to share & download Cloud PC Restore Points - Similar Threads - share download Cloud

2. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  3. How to restore system if there is no restore point?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore system if there is no restore point?: I had to use ProctorU for my college to take a test, and when I got in my headphones wouldn't let them hear me and they kept acting like there was nothing to fix it and they were being impatient. I did not know what the problem was because I am not tech savvy. Anyways, the...
  4. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?: Downloaded files count as personal files right? Like documents, pictures, etc. and won't be removed? I don't mean games that are put into directories, just downloaded files in general. Will they be kept?...
  5. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?: Downloaded files count as personal files right? Like documents, pictures, etc. and won't be removed? I don't mean games that are put into directories, just downloaded files in general. Will they be kept?...
  6. Restore point - Are downloaded files saved?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  8. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. How to Create a Restore Point?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Create a Restore Point?: Since I've made some progress recovering my system from the catastrophic Windows Update fix this morning, I decided to create a Restore Point. It wasn't obvious how to do this, so I searched the net. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-restore-point suggested to search...