Windows 10: How to share file access on private network

Discus and support How to share file access on private network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have 2 notebooks running Win 10 Pro wirelessly connected to an Xfinety Home F70A-5 gateway router. What settings do I need to configure to allow them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KCav45, Sep 24, 2020.

1. KCav45 Win User

How to share file access on private network

Have 2 notebooks running Win 10 Pro wirelessly connected to an Xfinety Home F70A-5 gateway router. What settings do I need to configure to allow them to share file access on a private network.

:)

KCav45, Sep 24, 2020

2. PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network

We have latest Windows 10 on 3 PC's in our home. They are all connected to the same wifi secure connection. I've configured all 3 for sharing over a private network but have not been able to access the other PC's. I can see one of the computers but
    it is saying that I don't have permissions to access, to contact my administrator (that's actually me and I'm listed as administrator). This networking worked well with homegroup in earlier versions but since Windows 10 update I have no longer been able to
    network and open files on other PC's. I would think this would be much easier in Windows 10. Does anyone have any suggestions to make this work? Thanks in advance.

ToddStaple, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Sharing folders on a private network

I've been trying to set up my family's private network so the individual computers can access shared folders on the other systems, however one system is not cooperating. In network sharing advanced, I've set the computer to recognize
    it's on a private network, turned on network discovery and file and print sharing, turned on public file sharing and turned off password protected sharing.

Despite this, while the pc is discoverable in the other systems Network folder of File Explorer, we get a request for permissions every time we try to access the system (And I mean when we click the icon in the top layer of Network,
    before even seeing the individual shared folders).

What can I do to make this work?

Also, everyone's running windows 10 and we're connecting via ethernet.

BrendanKOD, Sep 24, 2020
  4. UKMedia Win User

W10 Sharing on LAN -- Need to REFRESH Network to access shares

I still think this must be a setting and so re-installing Win10 won't fix. Before you reinstall, I suggest that you create a new Workgroup and see if that works. (Choose Work in the Wizard, not home)

Good luck... How to share file access on private network :)

Regards

UKMedia, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. How to share file access on private network - Similar Threads - share file access

2. Cannot share drive on private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot share drive on private network: Workstation is WIFI Windows 10-> I'm trying to share the drive from this computer. I added permissions including guest, my outlook account and Everyone. Network password is off. IPV6 is off. File and printer share are on.Computer I'm trying to map the driver to is Ethernet...
  3. Cannot share drive on private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot share drive on private network: Workstation is WIFI Windows 10-> I'm trying to share the drive from this computer. I added permissions including guest, my outlook account and Everyone. Network password is off. IPV6 is off. File and printer share are on.Computer I'm trying to map the driver to is Ethernet...
  4. File sharing over private network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over private network: How do I enable password protected sharing only for public networks? I want to achieve free sharing for all computers on the private network no passwords necessary, but prevent any sharing on public networks. Is this impossible?...
  5. problem sharing folder in private network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problem sharing folder in private network: hello, I try to share a folder in a private network. First strange thing is that in the Sharing dialog (that contains 3 sections: Network File and Folder Sharing, Advanced Sharing, Password protection) in the first section the 'Share' button is geyed and unaccessable....
  6. PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network

PC Networking/Sharing on Private Network: We have latest Windows 10 on 3 PC's in our home. They are all connected to the same wifi secure connection. I've configured all 3 for sharing over a private network but have not been able to access the other PC's. I can see one of the computers but it is saying that I...
  7. Private network and files

Private network and files: hi. my network is private and i dont have any file or drive shared.however when i pu my ip to file manager on android and put my username and my password i have access to all drivers even local drive C .Why?...
  8. File sharing across my private network

File sharing across my private network: Quite suddenly (I presume after a Windows 10 update) both of my TV media players are unable to access files on my Windows 10 computer. Amongst other things I have tried to turn off password protected sharing, but this change does not save correctly....
  9. Sharing folders on a private network

Sharing folders on a private network: I've been trying to set up my family's private network so the individual computers can access shared folders on the other systems, however one system is not cooperating. In network sharing advanced, I've set the computer to recognize it's on a private network, turned on...
  10. File sharing doesn't work in a private network

File sharing doesn't work in a private network: Hi, This problem has been bugging me for quite some time now and I just can't solve it by myself. I got two Windows 10 Pro 64-bit computers connected to a Asus RT-N56U and I try to share files between them. File shng works sometimes (not very often) when I keep restarting...