Windows 10: How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10

Discus and support How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Whenever we work on multiple systems, sending files over the connection is what we prefer the most. After all being on the same LAN connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 10, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2020
  3. windoofus Win User
    File sharing over LAN

I am wondering if it is possible to share files over the LAN for specific users on 2 computers in my network? I can't seem to do what I need to do.

Anyhow, this is the setup: 2 Windows 10 computers connected by ethernet cables to the same modem / router. (I am at home and the computers are at the office so I do not have the version number in front of me, but I believe they are both Win10 home edition and both have all of the latest windows update.) Each computer has several users. I need to be able to selectively share folders and files to specific users on each computer.

I enabled file sharing but can't seem to selectively share files. For example, when I right click a folder that I want to share on the network, enabled sharing, and then go to set permissions in the advanced sharing area the only users showing up on the permission user list are users who are on the same computer as the one enabling the file sharing. I can't select users on the secondary / client computer to give permission to. The only way I can give access to the client computer is by selecting the "everyone" permission setting, but I do not want everyone on the client and server computers having access to the files.

Is it possible to limit the file sharing to specific profile users from the client computer, or is file sharing from other computers limited to having to share to the entire computer? If so, how do you go about being able to access the user profiles on other computers in the file sharing permission area?

Any help is appreciated. I am stumped and frustrated. Thanks.

windoofus, Jun 10, 2020
  4. How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10

1. How to share files between computers using LAN in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - share files between

2. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  3. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  4. sharing file between computer

in Windows 10 Support
    sharing file between computer: I have 2 OEM installs computers (Win 10 Professional wit all the updates) and and I am unable to share a file from one computer to the other one. What am I doing wrong , your suggestions please. 175636
  5. Windows 10 sharing all files between computers

Windows 10 sharing all files between computers: Home Groups are no longer part of 10 but I can't find how to share between my two computers? Where & How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sharing-all-files-between-computers/5745e6ba-d837-42c5-9bc3-18a29d7181fd
  6. using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    using wake-on-lan between windows 7 and windows 10 computers: To Whom it may concern: I work at a company that is slowly transitioning to windows 10. We have been using the wake-on-lan utility between windows 7 computers successfully. We can use the wake-on-lan utility between windows 10 computers successfully. Is there a way to use...
  7. sharing files between computers.

sharing files between computers.: Let me be clear. I have a windows 7 computer and a windows 10 computer, I'm having a hideous time trying to share files between the computers, (I DO NOT WANT TO USE AN ONLINE FILE SHARING SYSTEM TO SHARE THE FILES.) I.E. Onedrive. both computers are on the same network...
  8. share file between computers

share file between computers: Trying to share files between computers on same Wifi network but when I click on file to share.. Share icon is gray and not available to click on. Using Win 10 home edition and other computer is using Win 10 pro...
  9. WIndows 10 file sharing between computers

WIndows 10 file sharing between computers: I can access and open files in computer A that are on Computer B's hard Drives I cannot open files on Computer A from Computer B. One computer is windows 10 home and the other is WIndows 10 Pro. I have set up permissions for "everyone" on both machines and all discovery...
  10. cannot share files between windows 10 computers

cannot share files between windows 10 computers: I have had windows 10 running for a while, and I noticed that file sharing has recently stopped working. For the life of me I can't figure out what is stopping this from working. I have a desktop (windows 10) that has the files, as well as two laptops (windows 7 and...