Windows 10: How to Share Folder on a External Hard Drive Access to Guest (Help?)

Discus and support How to Share Folder on a External Hard Drive Access to Guest (Help?) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have been able to share the folder on my usb HDD through SMB in the past, but now I cant seem to get it to work. For some reason I can't put the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SolidIcecube, Nov 3, 2019.

1. How to Share Folder on a External Hard Drive Access to Guest (Help?)

So I have been able to share the folder on my usb HDD through SMB in the past, but now I cant seem to get it to work. For some reason I can't put the Guest profile in the share. For example, I click share and it asks who i want to share with, I put Guest and give it read/write and select share. Then I go back in and its missing. I tried this on a folder on my desktop and I can share no problem. So there must be something wrong with the permissions on the USB hard drive?? Any help Would be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/SolidIcecube
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SolidIcecube, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Unable to access folders in external hard drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the files and folders from external hard drive, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you logged in as an administrator?
    • How have you connected the hard drive to Windows 10 computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code along with the error message?
    • Is this issue specific only with the files and folders in the external drive?
    • Have you tried to access these files on different computer?

Reply to the post with required information and brief description about the issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 3, 2019
  4. How to Share Folder on a External Hard Drive Access to Guest (Help?)

Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Home - Global Support - FR

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

How to Share Folder on a External Hard Drive Access to Guest (Help?)

1. How to Share Folder on a External Hard Drive Access to Guest (Help?) - Similar Threads - Share Folder External

2. How to access the recycle bin on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access the recycle bin on an external hard drive: Hi,Please could someone advise how I can gain access to the recycle bin on my external hard drive? I have followed the steps to make $RECYCLE visible and that worked, however, it's actually showing me the recycle bin on my laptop instead. I have searched the hard drive for...
  3. Shared Folder on External Drive No Longer Shared

Shared Folder on External Drive No Longer Shared: I shared a folder on external drive. I also have a shared folder on the PC that the external drive is connected to. Twice now I've gone to access the shared folder on the external drive, and it wouldn't connect. So then I would access the PC in question via "\\MyPCName",...
  4. External Hard drive sharing question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Hard drive sharing question: Hi there i was wondering you can help me. On my PC, i have setup an external hardrive so it is visible on a network and accesible via a smart hisense TV. Normally it works great but the past few days i have noticed that if i am watching something via the TV on my external...
  5. External Hard Drive No Access

External Hard Drive No Access: My external Seagate Backup Plus Drive shows up as E:\ when I plug it in but is not able to be accessed. I could see under right click properties that it was an NTFS drive and the name but zero for used, free, and capacity. I could get in from the command prompt and got one...
  6. Help with external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with external hard drive: So my PC was running out of storage, so i got an external hard-drive. The problem is, now, I want to play a game stored to it, but it's an old model, and takes up a lot of space. How can I quickly move windows store games from my hard drive to my PC and vice versa. Thank you!...
  7. external hard drive folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive folders: I use an external hard drive for storage, and sleep mode was closing all open folders and files. I set "USB selective suspend setting" under Power Management to "Disabled", and now in sleep mode FILES stay open but FOLDERS are still closed which is pretty annoying. My...
  8. How to Access Windowsapp Folder On External Drive

How to Access Windowsapp Folder On External Drive: Hello, I have been looking for a while and cannot seem to find an answer to my problem. That being said, I changed the location for windows apps to install to my new external ssd drive. The issue is that I am not allowed access to the windowsapp folder it created on said...
  9. External Hard drive not accessible

External Hard drive not accessible: My external hard drive was unplugged accidently. When i plugged it back into the computer, it recogonized a previous error with it and was in the process of fixing those errors automatically when it was accidentally unplugged again. Now when i plug in my external drive the...
  10. External Hard drive not accessible...

External Hard drive not accessible...: Hi All, External Hard drive not accessible...? I have 1TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim 200gb cloud Hard Drive. It was working fine on Win 7 earlier, I formatted my desktop and installed win 7 OS since then my exernal hard drive is not initializing. My external hdd was not...