Windows 10: How to share music over home wi-fi network with Groove ?

Discus and support How to share music over home wi-fi network with Groove ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I like the Groove app and use it on my desktop a lot. I have chosen it mainly for the nice-looking interface. I would like my wife to be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josef Franek, Apr 30, 2019.

1. How to share music over home wi-fi network with Groove ?

Hi,

I like the Groove app and use it on my desktop a lot. I have chosen it mainly for the nice-looking interface.

I would like my wife to be able to access my music on her laptop via our home wi-fi network.

I can't figure out how to do it with Groove.

I can do it with the old WMP, but interface is not very nice.

Sharing via Cloud is impractical and silly if you have your network working.

:)

Josef Franek, Apr 30, 2019

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Apr 30, 2019
  3. johnny234 Win User
    Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Chino Win User

How to share music over home wi-fi network with Groove ?

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh Delivers Intelligent Wi-Fi Networks

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh , bringing efficient, self-organizing networks that deliver a broad footprint of uniform Wi-Fi service. Built on the promise of Wi-Fi CERTIFIED , Wi-Fi EasyMesh delivers a standards-based approach to deploying adaptable networks comprised of multiple access points from different vendors, extending uniform Wi-Fi coverage and enhancing performance throughout a larger service area than is possible with a single access point. Wi-Fi EasyMesh allows users and service providers to select interoperable devices across different brands to ensure fast, wide, and reliable Wi-Fi coverage.

Wi-Fi EasyMesh technology coordinates multiple access points into a unified and intelligent Wi-Fi network that autonomously aids all areas of the home to have complete Wi-Fi coverage. Access points organize themselves and establish high-performance Wi-Fi network connectivity with minimal effort required by the user. After the initial simple setup, Wi-Fi EasyMesh monitors network conditions and self-adapts as needed. Wi-Fi EasyMesh guides smartphones, tablets, and other user devices to the optimal access point, enabling a seamless experience, even when moving throughout the home. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks accommodate a greater selection of devices across brands and are also extensible, making it easy for users to introduce new Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points into their network. Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points today will maintain interoperability with future Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks, providing an enhanced user experience for years to come.

How to share music over home wi-fi network with Groove ? sXh8rRSz2TZA5ZHY_thm.jpg

"Wi-Fi EasyMesh offers both service providers and Wi-Fi users a consistent approach to multiple AP solutions," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Wi-Fi Alliance is delivering a standardized solution to a market-leading product category enabling a strong ecosystem for interoperable, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices."

Wi-Fi EasyMesh is a Wi-Fi Alliance certification program focused on access points. User devices also experience the benefits of Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks, which deliver a consistent level of interoperability between access points and client devices. Other benefits of a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED solution include assurances of Wi-Fi security and accepted protocols, as well as a dependable experience with Wi-Fi EasyMesh setup and management regardless of vendor. Service providers that deploy Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh access points in homes can increase customer satisfaction with their Wi-Fi service. Further, Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks enable customers to seamlessly add an appropriate number of Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points to provide necessary full home coverage.

Wi-Fi EasyMesh is the latest in a growing Wi-Fi Alliance technology portfolio that improves the Wi-Fi user experience. Recently launched Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design can leverage Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks in their Wi-Fi CERTIFIED floor plans as another method to deliver integrated, uniform whole home coverage. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks utilize mechanisms from Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband , and user devices certified for these capabilities will experience more intelligent steering and faster network transitions for applications such as Wi-Fi calling.

"Wi-Fi Alliance is delivering a fundamental innovation for interoperability which is necessary to enable residential IoT and the connected smart home, and products would benefit greatly from being Wi-Fi CERTIFIED," said Adlane Fellah, wireless analyst, Maravedis. "Wi-Fi EasyMesh delivers a better residential Wi-Fi user experience and a standardized approach further expands an existing market and drives greater innovation among product vendors."

For more information on Wi-Fi EasyMesh, please visit: Wi-Fi EasyMesh | Wi-Fi Alliance.

Chino, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

How to share music over home wi-fi network with Groove ?

1. How to share music over home wi-fi network with Groove ? - Similar Threads - share music home

2. How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share: so it's known issue when you share files with NEarby share. I tried everything but it doesn't transfer files with wi-fi, bluetooth only. Who can help with settings? I have laptop windows 10 and PC windows 11....
  3. How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share: so it's known issue when you share files with NEarby share. I tried everything but it doesn't transfer files with wi-fi, bluetooth only. Who can help with settings? I have laptop windows 10 and PC windows 11....
  4. How to share files over WI-FI NOT bluetooth with nearby share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  6. Unable to share files between 2 PCs over a Wi-Fi network

Unable to share files between 2 PCs over a Wi-Fi network: Hello, my name is Davide and I have a problem in sharing a folder between 2 PCs. It seems that I can't do that because my PCs can't find each other on the Wifi network. The 2 PCs are on the same Wi-fi network. I have enabled and turned on all necessary options in...
  7. set up home network for file sharring over wi-fi

set up home network for file sharring over wi-fi: Hello, I need to set up a wi-fi home network for distance file access from win 10 and android devices. Yes ! Thank you for your assistance....
  8. Using Wi-Fi. Need to share this connection over ethernet.

Using Wi-Fi. Need to share this connection over ethernet.: NOTE: I do not have physical access to the modem/router that broadcasts the WI-FI I am using. The laptop I am using is connected to the internet over wi-fi. I have a PC that does not have wi-fi capability. I have a switch so I can connect my laptop to the PC over ethernet....
  9. win10 wi-fi home sharing

win10 wi-fi home sharing: In win10, wi-fi, 2 win10 computers connected to the internet via modem/router. Computers cannot see each other, cannot share. In File explorer, on the share tab, the share icon is grayed out. Connection properties are set to private. able to ping each other. Both units as a...
  10. File sharing over a home network

File sharing over a home network: Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files from one computer, a laptop connected to the network, with a desktop computer on the same network. I have not been able to...