Windows 10: how to share my internet by hotspot

Discus and support how to share my internet by hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to share my internet by hotspot as their is no mobile hotspot on/off setting on my windows 10 after installing kaspersky anti virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SnehaPrajapati, Feb 26, 2019.

1. how to share my internet by hotspot

how to share my internet by hotspot as their is no mobile hotspot on/off setting on my windows 10 after installing kaspersky anti virus

:)

SnehaPrajapati, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Joe Men Win User

Enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on Lumia 950

Hello,
    Christene

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you want to enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your Lumia 950.

To enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Network & wireless.
    • Tap Mobile hotspot.
    • Tap on the On/Off slider to enable the Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Feb 26, 2019
  3. PPPOE WAN internet sharing as wifi hotspot

Hi,

You may share your internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi by turning your laptop into a mobile hotspot.

Here's how:

• Press the Windows + I keys from the keyboard to launch Settings.
    • Go to Network & Internet, then Mobile Hotspot.
    • Choose the internet connection you want to share from the Share my Internet connection
      from field.
    • Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, then click
      Save.
    • Turn ON the Share my Internet connection with other devices option.

After following the steps above, you may now connect your other devices by going to the Wi-Fi settings on that device, finding and selecting the network name, and entering the password.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Feb 26, 2019
  4. horkyze Win User

how to share my internet by hotspot

Problems sharing internet with hotspot

I've created hosted network with this command
    NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase
    then activated it like this
    netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Now i am supposed to share Ethernet internet with this hotspot interface, but there is no drop-down menu in sharing option. There is just text field which can't be edited (or drop-down with one item, but no arrow) and it says Wi-Fi (thats the name of my wireless adapter). But I don't want to share internet with Wifi adapter, I need hotspot adapter.

Any idea how to make the hotspot adapter show-up in the drop-down so I can select it?

horkyze, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

how to share my internet by hotspot

1. how to share my internet by hotspot - Similar Threads - share internet hotspot

2. sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices: I am connected to internet on my laptop through USB tethering, now when I turned on my laptop's hotsopt and if someone connects to it, it shows no internet access help me fix that....
  3. sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sharing internet through hotspot, no internet access on other devices: I am connected to internet on my laptop through USB tethering, now when I turned on my laptop's hotsopt and if someone connects to it, it shows no internet access help me fix that....
  4. How can I do Internet Connect Sharing with an adapter and hotspot?

How can I do Internet Connect Sharing with an adapter and hotspot?: I've got a philips hue bridge that i've sucssessfully managed to connect to my university public network, eduroam, with windows Internet Conenct SharingICS. The issue is when I try connect my phone to the computers hotspot I'm unable to connect because my internet is already...
  5. Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection: I have a computer A, and using A to share internet through ①hotspot or ②WLAN setings like belowIn this two cases, I found that the computer B can get access to the internet through the sharing from host A. BUT, the computer A lost the connection to the internet. Only if I...
  6. Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection

Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection: I have a computer A, and using A to share internet through ①hotspot or ②WLAN setings like belowIn this two cases, I found that the computer B can get access to the internet through the sharing from host A. BUT, the computer A lost the connection to the internet. Only if I...
  7. Share my internet through hotspot, then the host lost the connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Hotspot internet sharing

Hotspot internet sharing: I have my PC connected to internet via ethernet cable and I want to share internet via wifi adapter to my laptop. The thing is if I do this with the hotspot my laptop ends up on a different subnet. Is there a way to share wifi and keep my laptop and PC on the same network?...
  9. Mobile hotspot in Windows 10, but internet not shared

Mobile hotspot in Windows 10, but internet not shared: Dear, Please have a look at the highlighted text, it shows "Hosted network support" is not supported. Can u please guide me? Do I need to update any hardware or software for this to get supported? Thanks Saneejali [ATTACH]...
  10. Problems sharing internet with hotspot

Problems sharing internet with hotspot: I've created hosted network with this command NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase then activated it like this netsh wlan start hostednetwork Now i am supposed to share Ethernet internet with this hotspot interface, but there is...