Windows 10: How to share PROGRAMS between different usernames on the 2 pcs Windows 10 PC

Discus and support How to share PROGRAMS between different usernames on the 2 pcs Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to share PROGRAMS between different usernames on the 2 pcs Windows 10 PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PAULDEWSBURY1, Mar 3, 2019.

1. How to share PROGRAMS between different usernames on the 2 pcs Windows 10 PC

How to share PROGRAMS between different usernames on the 2 pcs Windows 10 PC

:)

PAULDEWSBURY1, Mar 3, 2019

2. How to share PROGRAMS between different usernames on the same Windows 10 PC

Hi,

I've searched for a solution to this problem without success on the forums so ...

I have 2 profiles/user names on my Windows 10 PC, one for work and one for personal (by profile/user name I mean that, when I start up my PC I can select one of 2 profiles on the same PC).

Basically, what I want to do is to be able to share ALL programs and files on one profile with the other profile with only a few unwanted programs and areas not showing up on the other profile. So, in Windows 10, in simple terms, how do I go about sharing
    programs and files? For example, at present, and most problematic for me, I need to share Microsoft Office between the 2 profiles and, at present the 2nd profile doesn't have Microsoft Office. I assume that my license for Microsoft Office is for 1 PC i.e.
    not 1 profile on 1 PC so I assume I should be able to share Office but ...

I await your advice in due course.

Yours sincerely,

Anthony Armstrong

AnthonyArmstrong, Mar 3, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How to share PROGRAMS between different usernames on the 2 pcs Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - share PROGRAMS between

2. Swapping Windows 10 Versions between 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swapping Windows 10 Versions between 2 PCs: SCENARIO: I have a PC that I am going to retire. It has Windows 10 Pro. The new PC that I am buying comes with Windows 10 Home. ASK: I would like to put Windows 10 Pro on my new PC and Windows 10 Home on the old PC. Swap the Windows 10 versions. QUESTION: How can I do...
  3. Windows 10 SSD shared between 2 PC's

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 SSD shared between 2 PC's: Hi, I have a laptop and a HP Desktop with GPU and gaming performance, but only one Drive (SSD), I was wondering if there's someway to easily use my Laptop's SSD with Windows 10 Pro into my HP Desktop, for example: I normally use my Dell Latitude laptop to do everything, and...
  4. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between Windows 10 PCs: Used to be able to share files between a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 7 PC, but it doesn't work now that I upgraded the Windows 7 to Windows 10. Tried to share the Users folder with Everybody, but got a message that the files could not be shared. How do I fix?...
  5. Windows username descrepancy between 2 pc's

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows username descrepancy between 2 pc's: So i just realized via some tinkering that between my 2 pc's, the username is different on one of them for some reason. they both are logged in via the same microsoft account, both c:\users\ folders have klepp as the username. however i was exporting a task from one to the...
  6. 2 PCs, no Xbox. Cloud saves won't share between PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 PCs, no Xbox. Cloud saves won't share between PCs?: I have the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I have been playing The Outer Worlds on my desktop PC. One day i had to spend some time at my moms house while some renovation work was getting done, so i brought my laptop. When i loaded up the game it synched and i was able to pick up...
  7. Sharing between 2 PCs keeps coming and going

Sharing between 2 PCs keeps coming and going: PC A recently updated to Win10 Pro v 1809. PC B is on Win10 Home 1803, both with all available updates. PC A and B have been set up with sharing for years. Recently, and seemingly worse since PC A updated to v 1809, the sharing comes and goes. Sometimes both PCs can see each...
  8. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.: Hello, I have a bought a new laptop which 3 different people will share so I created 3 different user accounts for each person. I would assume that each user would see his/her own programs and desktop but that doesn't seem to be the case. When someone adds something...
  9. Sharing problems between my PCs

Sharing problems between my PCs: Hello everyone, I have a desk PC connected to my router via cable (Ethernet) and a laptop connected to the same router via WiFi and both run Win 10. I just reinstalled my laptop and now they cannot see each other. Both PCs are connected to same network and discoverable on...
  10. File sharing between Windows 10 PCs

File sharing between Windows 10 PCs: Once again a Windows 10 update has shut down our private network file sharing on my wife's and my two Windows 10 computers. This happens every time there is a large update, but I don't remember the fix. We both keep some accounting files on each of our two office computers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. share programs between users windows 10