Windows 10: How to 'share' read-only copy of wookbook?

Discus and support How to 'share' read-only copy of wookbook? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; How do you 'share' a read-only copy workbook in Office 365 subscription? We all have a copy of 365 and have downloaded the programs (excel, word...)... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fatkatie, Jun 10, 2019.

1. fatkatie Win User

How to 'share' read-only copy of wookbook?

How do you 'share' a read-only copy workbook in Office 365 subscription?

We all have a copy of 365 and have downloaded the programs (excel, word...) to our office boxes.

User Authorworkbook is constantly updating a workbook call project and others need to access it (read-only) on a regular basis. How does Authorworkbook configure access to this workbook in a read-only mode? Authorworkbook does not want to publish or take actions beyond an initial setup (to share) and saving the workbook when it is modified. Changes occur often.

We do not use a server. We do not use sharepoint. We have intermediate skills and can setup shared drives etc. All run windows 10.

Thank you.

:)

fatkatie, Jun 10, 2019

2. Removing Read Only from shared files

Hi fink52,

This issue might occur if you have not given full control to the folder, when you share it with everyone. I suggest you follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Right-click the folder.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Sharing tab.
    • Click on Advanced Sharing button.
    • Put a check mark next to the Share this folder option.
    • Click the Permission button.
    • Put a check mark next to the Full control option.
    • Click on Apply, then click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jun 10, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. How to 'share' read-only copy of wookbook? - Similar Threads - 'share' read copy

2. How to automatically copy new files from a OneDrive read only share to my OneDrive account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to automatically copy new files from a OneDrive read only share to my OneDrive account?: Hi, How to automatically copy new files from a teacher OneDrive read-only share with a password done like this the screen-capture below to my OneDrive account? I have the password, but I could find how to retrieve the new files automatically to my OneDrive account....
  3. How to automatically copy new files from a OneDrive read only share to my OneDrive account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to automatically copy new files from a OneDrive read only share to my OneDrive account?: Hi, How to automatically copy new files from a teacher OneDrive read-only share with a password done like this the screen-capture below to my OneDrive account? I have the password, but I could find how to retrieve the new files automatically to my OneDrive account....
  4. Is it possible to download read-only copies of Word or Excel files?

Is it possible to download read-only copies of Word or Excel files?: I have a 6-month old desktop running Windows 11. I do not want to purchase Word or Excel. I've ran into a problem trying to download information from the Calif. Public Utilities Commission that's in an Excel format. Is there anyway to download a read-only copy or see the...
  5. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share: Yeah, I F'ed up. I removed all of the read-write and full permissions to a share and need to put them back. This share is not on a traditional MS server but a NetApp SAN that can emulate a MS OS.Is there a way I can add full permissions back onto this share?...
  6. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share: Yeah, I F'ed up. I removed all of the read-write and full permissions to a share and need to put them back. This share is not on a traditional MS server but a NetApp SAN that can emulate a MS OS.Is there a way I can add full permissions back onto this share?...
  7. How to Add Full Permissions to A Read-Only Share

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Read Only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read Only: How do I change a file from Read Only to readable so I can make changes and save it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only/4aa037bd-76c4-4d79-ab31-74c95ec65740
  9. How to share a public read only folder

How to share a public read only folder: I have Hotmail and Office 365 Personal, and use OneDrive. . I would like to create a public read-only folder. . Also, I would like to create a public read-write folder. . The rest should be only accessible by me. . Is there a special, public PUBLIC OneDrive share URL...
  10. how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only

how to stop sharing my docs how to disable read-only: I upgraded to MS 2019. I made a mistake and signed into the Microsoft account. I do not need to share I'm just starting a new career so I do not have any employees. Now every time I open a document it say read-only. I cannot edit nor can I save. Before a message would come...