Windows 10: How to share video with Microsoft Stream to users whose AD accounts are in another domain?

Discus and support How to share video with Microsoft Stream to users whose AD accounts are in another domain? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Sir, @We are university institution with Active Directory domain @abc.edu for teaching staff, and @abc,edu.hk for students. Our teachers want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kelvin Ma (bkma), Mar 5, 2019.

1. How to share video with Microsoft Stream to users whose AD accounts are in another domain?

Dear Sir,

@We are university institution with Active Directory domain @abc.edu for teaching staff, and @abc,edu.hk for students. Our teachers want to use Stream to share video clips to a group of students. However, the account of teacher *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account cannot add a group of viewers with @abc.edu.hk because they are in different active directory domain.

1. Could you please advise how to share to such viewers at another AD domain?

2. How to manage those accounts? Can we add "All" students or add a group of such viewers instead of assigning permission one by one?

3. Can we share to external user by sending a link to external user's email address?

Please kindly advise. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

<mod removed>

:)

Kelvin Ma (bkma), Mar 5, 2019

2. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Mar 5, 2019
  3. RobJM# Win User
    User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, Mar 5, 2019
  4. How to share video with Microsoft Stream to users whose AD accounts are in another domain?

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

How to share video with Microsoft Stream to users whose AD accounts are in another domain?

1. How to share video with Microsoft Stream to users whose AD accounts are in another domain? - Similar Threads - share video Microsoft

2. Windows credentials on another domain share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows credentials on another domain share: Hi and thanks in advance for the time spent to read my issue.I've some user on our domain lets call it DomA that need to access a share on a fileserver in another domain DomB. The issue is that windows tries silently to log in on the share with the DomA credential, fails and...
  3. Windows credentials on another domain share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows credentials on another domain share: Hi and thanks in advance for the time spent to read my issue.I've some user on our domain lets call it DomA that need to access a share on a fileserver in another domain DomB. The issue is that windows tries silently to log in on the share with the DomA credential, fails and...
  4. Windows credentials on another domain share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory: Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-ad-users-to-another-domain-in-active/9599c5ef-6840-44e6-a2b2-4eb7649fb3a2
  6. Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory: Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-ad-users-to-another-domain-in-active/9599c5ef-6840-44e6-a2b2-4eb7649fb3a2
  7. How to share a drive/folder from another domain with cmd

How to share a drive/folder from another domain with cmd: Hello! Do you know how to share a disk/folder with the net share command from CMD?I tried the net share test = \\WIN-DC01\C:\test /grant: everyone,full but it doesn't work. test is folder from another PC WIN-DC01 is Computer Name Domain is mydomain.com I really didn't include...
  8. Adding Domain User as Local Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Domain User as Local Admin: Hi there, We are trying to set up the computer of one of our remote employees in house and are running into the issue that every time a setting is changed or a program is installed, it is requiring an administrator password from our domain. We don't want this meaning having...
  9. Issue with adding an user computer to domain

Issue with adding an user computer to domain: I have an issue with one computer in my domain and i removed that computer from domain. But, i wanted that computer to add back into domain. Now the issue is i am getting an error message saying DC can't be contacted. The error message is as follows. " Note: This...
  10. Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already': Have just upgraded my Surface Pro 2 with Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1. Tablet is a domain machine and the upgrade all went fine. The tablet was originally bought using my MS account and in the registry it has entries saying my MS account name (ie: my email address) is the...