Windows 10: How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10?

Discus and support How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i have 3 PC on my home network. 1 week ago i upgraded one of them from Win10 Pro (old version) to Win10 Pro (1803). PC1 - Win7 Pro PC2 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by reg.reg, Jul 8, 2018.

1. reg.reg Win User

How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10?

Hello,

i have 3 PC on my home network. 1 week ago i upgraded one of them from Win10 Pro (old version) to Win10 Pro (1803).

PC1 - Win7 Pro

PC2 - Win10 Pro (old)

PC3 - Win10 Pro 1803

Before i did upgrade, these 3 PCs were connected with Home Group and sharing was working. Now i can share every file from PC1 and PC2, but i cannot make connection between PC1-PC3 and PC2-PC3.

In the network explorer i see 3 PCs from every other PC, but i can't open PC3. PC1 and PC2 have Home Group, 1803 have not and i don't know how to connect to my network.

On every PC I added EVERYONE and NETWORK users in the Adv. sharing, with full access. I have Disabled Firewall to Private network and switch Win10 1803 to private. All PCs have equal workgroup name.

What i missing?

:)

reg.reg, Jul 8, 2018
  2. tonistein Win User

Sharing drives with Win7 & Win10

I uncheck the Fast Startup. Then I shutdown the system & connect an empty hard disk & start up again. Then I format the disk & transferred a few Gb of data to the new hard disk & shut down. After that I swap over to Win7 & startup. Now I can access everything
    in the hard disk. Then I transferred 50Gb of pictures & videos to this disk & shutdown. I switch over to Win10 & I could only see the previous data created in Win10 but not the 50Gb of pictures & video from Win7. Back to square one.

In Win7 the new hard disk register at 20% usage but in Win10 it's only 2%

There's something different between Win10 & the rest of the older OS

Then I did a restart & this time there's a boot scanning of the new hard disk. After that I can access all the new data from Win7 & can play all the videos too. I shutdown & switch to Win7 & there's a boot scanning again. Now able to access everything. Why
    do the hard disk need to scan at bootup in order to be accessed?

If I share my 2pcs of 2TB hard disks with Win10 a lot of time will be spent on boot scanning. Is there any way to go around this? Until then Win7 is still my primary working system

tonistein, Jul 8, 2018
  3. tonistein Win User
    Sharing drives with Win7 & Win10

There's nothing wrong with the hard disks. If I use them with Win7 alone there's no boot scanning. The moment I share with Win10 & switch back to Win7 then the disks have to be scanned. I ever tried to skip the scan but after bootup the disks are not accessible
    in Win7. Those USB flashdrive that I created in Win7 & then used in Win10 which I transferred more data inside is not accessible in Win7 again. It say to format the flashdrive

tonistein, Jul 8, 2018
  4. dahas Win User

WIN10 HOMEGROUP not accessible by WIN7 PCs

Hello,

I cannot connect my WIN 7(home) PCs (3 of them) to a homegoup created on a new Windows 10 (home) computer.

The WIN 7 PC see each other without any issue.

Here’s how I proceeded:

• Leave all homegroups on the WIN7 PCs
    • Create a new homegroup on the WIN10 pc with the same group
    • The WIN7 PCs see the new homegroup
    • Click on join and enter password
    • After some time I get a message that connection was not possible

I’ve also tried to create the homegroup on a WIN7 pc. The WIN10 pc can see and accept to join but the shares are not visible.

Running WIN 10 1709 HOME

dahas, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10? - Similar Threads - sharing between Win7

2. Single Win10 machine unable to map to a Win7 Shared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Single Win10 machine unable to map to a Win7 Shared: 2 Win10 both on build 19042. 1 has no issues with mapping to a shared folder on a shared folder on a Win7 machine\\10.1.1.100\Shared, while the other is getting "file and print sharing resource 10.1.1.100 is online but isn't responding to connection attempts." And details...
  3. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  4. Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key: Hey folks. Sorry if this has been answered before but I've been scrounging around online on and off for the last week and not found the answer to my specific question so here goes: I have a retail license for Windows 7 Home Premium which was installed on a old PC where I...
  5. Confused between installing win7 or win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused between installing win7 or win10: So I recently bought a new SSD and installed windows 10 pro on it (which was provided by a friend in a USB) after installing it i noticed that my fan was making a lot of noise . I cleaned it up there was some dust etc on it ig but it is still making that noise which is...
  6. Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles

Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles: I have a desktop PC running Windows10 and an older laptop that is running Windows7. This is a home computer setup with full admin rights on both machines. I am trying to share folders between the machines over the home network. Both machines can see the other, but when I...
  7. the main difference I notice between win7 and win10. Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    the main difference I notice between win7 and win10. Why?: I'm a new Win10 user and have it tweaked to look and operate like Win7. All is good. When I click on my programs in the Links Toolbar on the taskbar, the programs are loading more quickly than they used to in Win7. Same hardware, same 1/4 full samsung nvme pci-e ssd. Anyone...
  8. Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7: Hi, I recently changed my work computer from a Win7 to a Win10 computer. All our network shares are kept on one old Win2K3 server (I know old, but I'm not in charge of upgrading that). From my Win10 computer I cannot access two network shares out of several needed. The...
  9. Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7

Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7: Hi I have three computers in my house that I want on a homegroup to share docs and printers. Two are on Windows 10 and one is on Windows 7. They are all on the same network. I'm having a devil of a time getting them to share stuff. Help!!!!! Thanks in advance. 66074
  10. In between Win10 and Factory Default Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In between Win10 and Factory Default Win7: I am in W7 because I became stuck after an unsuccessful restore from image. I know the error code, but I am unsure of why it failed. I am trying to get back to W10 and my head is exploding - as it is day 5. External HD works, but I can't find my backups (pst file from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to share files between win10 & win7

2. getting win10 and win7 to network

3. win7 win10 share account problem

4. sharing computer name problem between win7 and win10,
  5. sharing win7 and win10,
  6. how to share win10 pc with win7 pc,
  7. win7 sharing with win10