Windows 10: How to show all files in File Explorer

Discus and support How to show all files in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I reset Windows and now my SVG files are missing in File Explorer. How do I fix this without trawling through loads of out of date help on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CrimsonSeer, Feb 16, 2021.

1. How to show all files in File Explorer

I reset Windows and now my SVG files are missing in File Explorer. How do I fix this without trawling through loads of out of date help on the Internet?

:)

CrimsonSeer, Feb 16, 2021

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

How to show all files in File Explorer [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Feb 16, 2021
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How to show all files in File Explorer

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

How to show all files in File Explorer

1. How to show all files in File Explorer - Similar Threads - show files File

2. Show Junctions in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Junctions in File Explorer?: Is there a way for Windows Explorer to differentiate between a junction and the actual data pointed to by the junction? Also, it appears that both the junction and actual data location both show storage being used for the files. Is there a way for the junction location to...
  3. File explorer locks my all the files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer locks my all the files: Whenever I make a new file. The file explorer locks my file. All the times I have tried many things. Help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-locks-my-all-the-files/abc2a82a-2a76-436b-8024-7bfd823309b5
  4. Desktop in Explorer not showing all files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop in Explorer not showing all files: For some reason when I access 'Desktop' by using the explorer it's not showing all the files on my desktop, as an example the recycling bin and a shortcut for Adobe Creative Cloud is not showing however it's showing a shortcut for other stuff. When I use "shell:desktop" it...
  5. "Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default?

"Show all files" prompt...new? How to show all by default?: [ATTACH]For the first time, in an Open File dialog, when viewing the contents of a folder, I'm seeing only someof the files, followed by the prompt "Show all 6?" see image I have never seen this before. If I don't notice or remember to click on it, I may miss opening and...
  6. File explorer not opening at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer not opening at all: Hello microsoft pls help me i can not open file explorer at all from any way possible i have tried ur tricks but still nothing i cannot access it when i click on it nothing happens and i cant even click on it from the search box or start menu because it does not open and when...
  7. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  8. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...
  9. File Explorer same view for all files

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer same view for all files: I want File Explore to show all files in list view. 64653
  10. File Explorer not showing all files / Strange restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File Explorer not showing all files / Strange restore point: I have noticed a few odd things on my newly built computers: 1. When looking at the desktop through File Explorer, a number of shortcuts are not there. I can see them on the desktop, but not through the file explorer. Checking the security properties for these shortcuts,...