Windows 10: How to show all files in File Explorer

Discus and support How to show all files in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I reset Windows and now my SVG files are missing in File Explorer. How do I fix this without trawling through loads of out of date help on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CrimsonSeer, Feb 16, 2021.

1. How to show all files in File Explorer

I reset Windows and now my SVG files are missing in File Explorer. How do I fix this without trawling through loads of out of date help on the Internet?

:)

CrimsonSeer, Feb 16, 2021

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

How to show all files in File Explorer [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Feb 16, 2021
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How to show all files in File Explorer

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

How to show all files in File Explorer

1. How to show all files in File Explorer - Similar Threads - show files File

2. Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer: I can remove any file from recent files showing in File Explorer except for any onedrive files. If I right click on the file and select remove from recent, nothing happens. How do I remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer?...
  3. Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer: I can remove any file from recent files showing in File Explorer except for any onedrive files. If I right click on the file and select remove from recent, nothing happens. How do I remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer?...
  4. Files not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not showing in file explorer: I first noticed the problem while trying to transfer files from a new tablet onto my laptop via USB. I could see the folders and open the folders, but none of the files showed up. I couldn't find helpful info on how to solve that, so I saved the files to my Google Drive and...
  5. Files not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not showing in file explorer: I first noticed the problem while trying to transfer files from a new tablet onto my laptop via USB. I could see the folders and open the folders, but none of the files showed up. I couldn't find helpful info on how to solve that, so I saved the files to my Google Drive and...
  6. Files not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to show columns in file explorer

How to show columns in file explorer: Hi I have an issue where my file explorer doesn't show any columns. I have sort by and group by columns, but it still doesn't show any of them. You can see this in the image below:...
  8. File Explorer Not Showing Files

File Explorer Not Showing Files: Okay, so first, a while ago, I was using my PC, and I tried to go into my Downloads folder. It started loading, but it never actually loaded. Restart, everything's fine. Did that a few more times, until today. Now, when I open File Explorer, it shows this: [ATTACH] And the...
  9. Desktop in Explorer not showing all files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop in Explorer not showing all files: For some reason when I access 'Desktop' by using the explorer it's not showing all the files on my desktop, as an example the recycling bin and a shortcut for Adobe Creative Cloud is not showing however it's showing a shortcut for other stuff. When I use "shell:desktop" it...
  10. File Explorer not showing all files / Strange restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File Explorer not showing all files / Strange restore point: I have noticed a few odd things on my newly built computers: 1. When looking at the desktop through File Explorer, a number of shortcuts are not there. I can see them on the desktop, but not through the file explorer. Checking the security properties for these shortcuts,...