Windows 10: How to show Command Prompt Window when running task in Task Scheduler?

Discus and support How to show Command Prompt Window when running task in Task Scheduler? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to make the "Command Prompt" window show when I have a task running in Windows task Scheduler? I would like to be able to view the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountryBumkin, Sep 22, 2015.

1. How to show Command Prompt Window when running task in Task Scheduler?

Is there a way to make the "Command Prompt" window show when I have a task running in Windows task Scheduler?
    I would like to be able to view the progress of the task.

For example, I have a program called "Zap2xml" that collects TV EPG data. It runs automatically once a day. I can also run it manually by opening a command prompt and typing in "Zap2xml -u myemail -p mypassword". It will run in the Command Prompt Window until finished (and then shows the number of successful lookups).

I would like to see this Command Prompt window when the program runs automatically via Task Scheduler, if this is possible. In Windows task Scheduler there is a box called "Hidden", this box is unchecked.

Thanks

:)

CountryBumkin, Sep 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 Date/Time on Task Bar

how to run a admin command prompt to show date and time on the task bar?

VipinKhullar, Sep 22, 2015
  3. bru20 Win User
    Automatic Update broke Windows Defender

I deleted the task and created a new one with the exact Action you show. The UI for Defender opened when the scan was scheduled to run. No scan was shown running however. The Task Scheduler showed "The task is currently running. 0x41031" But just like
    yesterday with the other Action the task never completed, I had to manually stop it.

You didn't specifically mention it but I created the task with local user, not SYSTEM.

edit: Finally got something to work. Deleted and set up another task. This time with the MpCmdRun etc. action. Since it was created with local user the Command Prompt opened stating "scan starting..." Looking at the Defender UI shows no evidence a scan is
    running but apparently it did scan as Task Scheduler shows task completed and the last scan is shown in the UI. Now I need to play around since I would rather not have the Command Prompt pop up when the scan runs.

edit 2: I edited the task to the MSASCui.exe action. Changed nothing else but that. Again I had the same issue. Scan seems to start (Defender program opens) but it never completes. I have to manually stop the task. I am perplexed by this. Could there be
    a condition or setting that might cause this issue with the UI scan as opposed to the Command Prompt scan?

bru20, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

How to show Command Prompt Window when running task in Task Scheduler?

1. How to show Command Prompt Window when running task in Task Scheduler? - Similar Threads - show Command Prompt

2. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!: There is a task I created on Task Scheduler Task Library/ Microsoft and I tried deleting it but for some reason I cannot delete it as Task Scheduler just stops responding. I know there is a way to delete the task from command prompt, but this one I do not know how as it is...
  3. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!: There is a task I created on Task Scheduler Task Library/ Microsoft and I tried deleting it but for some reason I cannot delete it as Task Scheduler just stops responding. I know there is a way to delete the task from command prompt, but this one I do not know how as it is...
  4. Task Scheduler stops responding when deleting a task and tasks not run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  6. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  7. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Scheduled task not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scheduled task not running: I use the "portable apps" platform to hold a lot of small programs I dont want installed - but even from my C: ssd its very slow to load. So I have set up a scheduled task to run it as soon as the pc becomes idle. [ATTACH] However it does not run. Even when I right-click...
  9. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...
  10. Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler run task when logged in Remotely: Hey everyone I tried using this guide (How To Easily Send Emails From The Windows Task Scheduler) to create a task that will send me an email whenever someone connects with RDP.The task works and sends the email if i run it, but i am unsure how to set it so that it activates...