Windows 10: How to Show Desktop with Dual Monitors

Discus and support How to Show Desktop with Dual Monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was set up with a new dual monitor system. Under my old system, when I had a remote desktop window on the main window and wanted to back to my tray... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim_Vancouver, Mar 14, 2019.

1. How to Show Desktop with Dual Monitors

I was set up with a new dual monitor system. Under my old system, when I had a remote desktop window on the main window and wanted to back to my tray on that monitor, I simply clicked somewhere in the left monitor and the main monitor showed my desktop with the tray again. But now the remote desktop stays on the main monitor when I do that. I have to minimize it to get my desktop and the tray. Is there any way to change this back to the way I had it?

Don't know if this is an OS issue, but my old system was Windows 7, and my new system is Windows 10.

:)

Jim_Vancouver, Mar 14, 2019

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 14, 2019
  3. TomEPike Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Objective: I have dual monitors (as an extended desktop, side by side) and want it to show my own pictures as a screensaver slideshow in Windows 10.

Problem: Only the lower half ot the picture is diplayes in the top half of monitor 1. Monitor 2 is black.

Addtional observations:

• In "Screen Saver Settings" the small mock-up display looks fine, however when i select "Preview" the problem with only half the picture displayed occurs also in the preview.
    • The problem does not occur with only one monitor in use
    • The problem does not occur with dual monitors set to "Duplicate these displays"

Gratefull for all suggestions to solve the problem

The same picture also work fine as desctop background with different pictures displayed on each monitor.

TomEPike, Mar 14, 2019
  4. extreme Win User

How to Show Desktop with Dual Monitors

Dual monitors on Windows 10

I can't get dual monitors to even show in control panel--is there some prerequisite step or setting I need to take before getting to the step discussed here?

Thanks,

--Al--

extreme, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

How to Show Desktop with Dual Monitors

1. How to Show Desktop with Dual Monitors - Similar Threads - Show Desktop Dual

2. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  3. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  4. Dual monitor options not showing.

Dual monitor options not showing.: Hi, I'm having a unique problem. I've bought a HDMI splitter to connect two monitors to the same GPU, and it works fine - in the sense that both displays work - but it shows the same screen on both monitors.When I open Display settings, I do not have the 'multiple display'...
  5. Dual monitor options not showing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor options not showing.: Hi, I'm having a unique problem. I've bought a HDMI splitter to connect two monitors to the same GPU, and it works fine - in the sense that both displays work - but it shows the same screen on both monitors.When I open Display settings, I do not have the 'multiple display'...
  6. Dual monitor options not showing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Dual Monitor Issues / Desktop Apps Wrong Monitor: Hi, just wanting to get some further help with an issue I'm having. Bit of backstory, so I sent my monitor away to be repaired and it came back today all fixed. But since getting it back today it thinks it's the main monitor as it has the desktop apps on the background? I've...
  8. Remote Desktop Dual Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Dual Monitor: just downloaded windows 10 Pro, because windows 10 Home didn't support remote desktop. Now I cannot get my second monitor to work in the Remote Desktop, only allows it on one monitor....
  9. Dual monitor goes to desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor goes to desktop: Hello! I have a dual monitor setup but whenever I click anywhere on my secondary monitor, my primary monitor goes to the desktop even if there was a fullscreen app on it. How can I keep the fullscreen app playing while also using my secondary monitor? submitted by...
  10. Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop

Wireless Dual Monitors with Desktop: Looking for some guidance on answering what is probably a basic question. I have a HP desktop with Windows 10. I use two monitors to extend the screen. Currently I'm using cords to connect the monitors to the desktop but want to go wireless. Researching the internet I've...