Windows 10: How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer

Discus and support How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It must be me.I hid the Navigation pane in Explore and want ot show it now.But, for the life of me I can't find the option.I've clicked 'View' tab,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesJoey, Dec 2, 2021.

1. JamesJoey Win User

How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer

It must be me.I hid the Navigation pane in Explore and want ot show it now.But, for the life of me I can't find the option.I've clicked 'View' tab, which is where I thought it was, but it's not there.James

:)

JamesJoey, Dec 2, 2021

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer [​IMG]

TechGuy737, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Dec 2, 2021
  4. How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer

1. How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer - Similar Threads - Show Hide Navigation

2. How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11: How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11 Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-or-remove-control-panel-in-navigation/02c39abf-6ef0-45eb-ba63-e0c0c4bdf37b
  3. How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11: How to hide or remove Control Panel in navigation pane of File Explorer in Windows 11 Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-or-remove-control-panel-in-navigation/02c39abf-6ef0-45eb-ba63-e0c0c4bdf37b
  4. How to Show or Hide File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Show or Hide File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]On Windows 11 or Windows 10, PC users can customize File Explorer to their preference. You can show or hide Quick access and Favorites from navigation pane, show the Preview Pane for Explorer, show Details pane in File Explorer. In this post, we will show you how to...
  5. How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Show/Hide Navigation Pane in Windows 11 Explorer: It must be me.I hid the Navigation pane in Explore and want ot show it now.But, for the life of me I can't find the option.I've clicked 'View' tab, which is where I thought it was, but it's not there.James...
  6. How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane...: Hello, Somehow I inadvertently changed the File Explorer Settings in Windows 10. How can I hide or disable the File Explorer Preview Pane, Details Pane, and Navigation Pane in Windows 10? Thanks, dayhiker4k...
  7. Remove/Hide folders in navigation pane in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove/Hide folders in navigation pane in Windows Explorer: Hi, I read the tutorial about Libraries, which doesn't cover my question. I do not use the Documents, Music, Pictures, or Videos folders and I 'd like to get them off the navigation pane, is there a way to do that? 78713
  8. Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show a Library in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default....
  9. Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Libraries in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Libraries in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Libraries gather added folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. This tutorial...
  10. Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Show or Hide Navigation Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the navigation pane in File Explorer to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You can also move or copy items directly...