Windows 10: How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10

Discus and support How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; By default, Windows uses a minimum of 5% and a maximum of 100% resources to run your apps and the operating system. If you do not want others to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 4, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10

By default, Windows uses a minimum of 5% and a maximum of 100% resources to run your apps and the operating system. If you do not want others to play with these settings, you can hide the Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 using Command Prompt and the Registry Editor.

How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 hide-minimum-and-maximum-processor-state-4.jpg

Minimum and Maximum processor states help you decide how much CPU resources you want to be consumed to run Windows OS and installed apps. As we said earlier, 5% is the minimum, and 100% is the maximum resources you can allocate for your operating system and programs. However, it is possible to change this by tweaking the Processor power management settings in the Power Options panel.

If you are using a desktop computer, you have only one option. However, if you are using a laptop, it is possible to show or hide these options for On battery and Plugged in states.

How to hide Minimum and Maximum processor state in Power Options

To hide Minimum and Maximum processor state in Power Options, follow these steps:

1. Open Notepad on your computer.
    2. Paste the following text.
    3. Click on File > Save As options.
    4. Choose a location > select All Files from Save as type > enter a name with .reg file extension.
    5. Click on the Save button.
    6. Double-click on the file and click on the Yes option.

To know more about these steps in detail, continue reading.

At first, open Notepad on your computer and paste the following text:

Minimum processor state:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec] "Attributes"=dword:00000001
    Maximum processor state:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\893dee8e-2bef-41e0-89c6-b55d0929964c] "Attributes"=dword:00000001

Click on the File > Save As options and choose a location to save the file.

How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 hide-minimum-and-maximum-processor-state.png

Next, select All Files from the Save as type drop-down list, enter a file with .reg extension, and click on the Save button.

Double-click on the .reg file and click on the Yes option to remove or hide the Minimum or Maximum processor state options from the Power Options panel.

How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 hide-minimum-and-maximum-processor-state-1.png

In case you want to show these options, follow this tutorial to open Registry Editor and navigate to these two paths:

Minimum processor state:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\893dee8e-2bef-41e0-89c6-b55d0929964c
    Maximum processor state:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec

Double-click on the Attributes REG_DOWRD value set the Value data as 2, and click the OK button.

How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 hide-minimum-and-maximum-processor-state-2.png

After that, you can re-open the Power Options window to find those two options available.

Tip: Check how much Power your Computer needs.

Add or remove Minimum and Maximum processor state options using Command Prompt

To add or remove Minimum and Maximum processor state options using Command Prompt, follow these steps:

1. Search for cmd in the Taskbar search box.
    2. Click on the Run as administrator and Yes options.
    3. Enter the powercfg command add or remove these options.

Let’s check out these steps in detail.

It is also possible to show or hide the Minimum and Maximum processor state options using Command Prompt. If you want to follow that method, you have to open Command Prompt with administrator privilege first.

For that, search for cmd in the Taskbar search box and click on the Run as administrator option. Next, you need to select the Yes option in the UAC prompt.

Then, enter the following commands:

Hide Minimum processor state:

powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR 893dee8e-2bef-41e0-89c6-b55d0929964c +ATTRIB_HIDE

How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 hide-minimum-and-maximum-processor-state-3.png

Hide Maximum processor state:

powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec +ATTRIB_HIDE

If you want to show them again, enter these commands:

Show Minimum processor state:

powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR 893dee8e-2bef-41e0-89c6-b55d0929964c -ATTRIB_HIDE
    Show Maximum processor state:

powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec -ATTRIB_HIDE

Hope this guide helped.

Read next: How to configure hidden Power Options in Windows 10.

How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 hide-minimum-and-maximum-processor-state-4.jpg
    This article How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 4, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User
    Try3, Jun 4, 2021
  3. EFE
    efe Win User
    No minimum processor state and maximum processor state

yes i tried but not worked

- - - Updated - - -

yes, im using my 2gb old computer

4. EFE
    efe Win User

How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10

No minimum processor state and maximum processor state

How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 [​IMG]

i tried re installing windows, i tried updating drivers manually, i tried registry hacks none of them worked, and it causes cpu running at full speed all times (1607)

Thema:

1. How to show or hide Minimum and Maximum Processor State in Power Options in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - show hide Minimum

2. Minimum Processor State Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum Processor State Not Showing: I have Intel i3-1005G1 laptopI want to add minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State So I Changed Attributes 2 in registery but minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State is not showing In advance Power Settings.Please Give Answer what should I Do?...
  3. Minimum Processor State Not Showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minimum Processor State Not Showing: I have Intel i3-1005G1 laptopI want to add minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State So I Changed Attributes 2 in registery but minimum Processor State and maximum Processor State is not showing In advance Power Settings.Please Give Answer what should I Do?...
  4. Advanced Power Plan Setting "Maximum Processor state" and "Minimum processor state" not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Power Plan Setting "Maximum Processor state" and "Minimum processor state" not...: SPECS: Win 10 (obv) i7 10700F 16GB 3000mhz 1660 Super So I used to set my processor states to prevent overheating, as my processor runs at 4.6 ghz, and only a few games can get it beyond what I like in terms of temp (80c+ or 176f+), as it generally rests around 80c/174f...
  5. Maximum and Minimum Processor State missing in Power management settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum and Minimum Processor State missing in Power management settings: I tried the command prompt fix, downloading the registry file and running it and both didn't work to bring back those 2 options.I am running on Windows 10 20H2 version. Pls help asap...
  6. How to change the maximum processor state?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to change the maximum processor state?: Hi all, I need to change the maximum processor state on my laptop Dell Inspiron 15 7559 and I do not have the option to under power settings. I've done everything that the other websites have told me but I still do not have the option to change this. Any help?...
  7. how to enable "maximum processor state"

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable "maximum processor state": I was trying to access the "maximum processor state" in the power options to adjust the percentage but found out that it's no longer visible. So I tried to follow guides on youtube and google to find a solution but to no avail. I was told by these guides to mess around with...
  8. Maximum processor state?

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximum processor state?: Hi all, I'm not a techie so please bear with me. I just purchased a new laptop. HP with Windows 10 OS. AMD A6-9220 Dual-Core processor and 4 gig of ram. After it's initial setup and removing all the bloatware/crapware, most of the apps and disabling everything in the...
  9. Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Maximum processor state" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify the maximum percentage of processor capabilities to use. Lower percentage...
  10. Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Minimum processor state" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify the minimum percentage of processor capabilities to use. Lower percentage...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win10 Max processor state option disappeared help?