Windows 10: How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you right-click on the Windows 10 Taskbar, it shows an option called Toolbars, which lets you add various links, address bar, etc. If you do not use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 4, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10

If you right-click on the Windows 10 Taskbar, it shows an option called Toolbars, which lets you add various links, address bar, etc. If you do not use this feature and it is making clutter in your menu, you can hide the Toolbars option in the Taskbar right-click menu using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor.

How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10 hide-toolbars-option-taskbar-right-click-menu-4.jpg

Hide Toolbars option in Taskbar context menu

To hide the Toolbars option in the Taskbar right-click context menu using Group Policy, follow these steps:

1. Search for gpedit.msc in the Taskbar search box.
    2. Click on the individual result.
    3. Go to Start Menu and Taskbar in User Configuration.
    4. Double-click on the Do not display any custom toolbars in the taskbar setting.
    5. Select the Enabled option.
    6. Click on the OK button.

To get started, you have to open the Local Group Policy Editor on your computer. For that, you can search for gpedit.msc in the Taskbar search box and click on the individual search result.

Once it is opened on your screen, navigate to the following path:

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar

Here you can find a setting called Do not display any custom toolbars in the taskbar. You have to double-click on this setting and choose the Enabled option.

How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10 hide-toolbars-option-taskbar-right-click-menu.png

Click on the OK button to save the change. After that, you can right-click on your Taskbar, but the Toolbars option won’t be visible anymore.

In case you want to get back the Toolbars option or show it again, you can open the same setting, choose the Not Configured option, and click on the OK button.

Don’t forget to create a System Restore point before following the Registry Editor method.

Show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click menu using Registry

To show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click menu using Registry, follow these steps:

1. Search for regedit in the Taskbar search box.
    2. Click on the Registry Editor in the search result.
    3. Click on the Yes option.
    4. Navigate to Explorer in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
    5. Right-click on the Explorer > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
    6. Name it as NoToolbarsOnTaskbar.
    7. Double-click on it to set the Value data as 1.
    8. Click on the OK button.

To get started, search for regedit in the Taskbar search box, and click on the Registry Editor in the search result. If the UAC prompt appears, click on the Yes option to open Registry Editor.

Then, navigate to the following path:

For current user only:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    For all users:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Right-click on the Explorer > New > DWORD (32-bit), and name it as NoToolbarsOnTaskbar.

How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10 hide-toolbars-option-taskbar-right-click-menu-1.png

Double-click on it to set the Value data as 1.

How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10 hide-toolbars-option-taskbar-right-click-menu-2.png

Click the OK button to save the change. Now, you need to restart your computer to get the change.

If you want to show the Toolbars option in the Taskbar context menu, go to the same path where you created the NoToolbarsOnTaskbar REG_DWORD value, right-click on it, select the Delete option.

How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10 hide-toolbars-option-taskbar-right-click-menu-3.png

At last, confirm the change by clicking the Yes option.

That’s all! Hope this guide helped.

Read: Prevent users from adding, removing, and adjusting Toolbars on Windows Taskbar.

How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10 hide-toolbars-option-taskbar-right-click-menu-4.jpg
    This article How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jun 4, 2021

2. hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Right-click in some apps shows then hides context menu

In some applications (Office 2010, Adobe Reader DC) right-clicking on the screen shows a context menu but then usually hides it again. Holding the right button down or double-clicking sometimes makes the menu stay after the button is released, and sometimes the context menu remains visible after a single right-click. In other applications (eg Notepad, Paint) the context menu does not disappear after a single right-button click

I have tried using ShellExView to disable all 3rd party context menus, as has been suggested as a remedy for this problem, but this does not change the behaviour.

Simon Kravis, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

1. How to show or hide Toolbars option in Taskbar right-click Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - show hide Toolbars

2. Right-click context menu "Show more options"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click context menu "Show more options": It would be better if you provide an option to make "Show more options" as default on right-click context menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu-show-more-options/8a37dd42-198e-4a95-9666-d122afeb1846
  3. Right-click context menu "Show more options"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click context menu "Show more options": It would be better if you provide an option to make "Show more options" as default on right-click context menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu-show-more-options/8a37dd42-198e-4a95-9666-d122afeb1846
  4. Right Click context menu

Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  5. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  6. Right-click context menu not showing all the options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right-click context menu not showing all the options: [ATTACH] I am trying to add a new .txt file to edit but there is no option. if I go to my file explorer and right-click and in the new tab there not a lot of options and not nay that i am familiar with other then the shortcut...
  7. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  8. How to add the 'Automatically Hide Taskbar' option to the right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add the 'Automatically Hide Taskbar' option to the right-click menu?: Hi there, I am wandering whether it is possible to have the 'Automatically Hide Taskbar' option on the Taskbar itself or at least, how it used to be, in the drop-down menu that appears when you right-click on the taskbar. Some of the programs I constantly use require me...
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. Right-click in some apps shows then hides context menu

Right-click in some apps shows then hides context menu: In some applications (Office 2010, Adobe Reader DC) right-clicking on the screen shows a context menu but then usually hides it again. Holding the right button down or double-clicking sometimes makes the menu stay after the button is released, and sometimes the context menu...