Windows 10: How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10

Discus and support How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]While deleting a file, Windows 10 shows various details such as file name, file type, file location, etc., when it asks you Are you sure […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 22, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 - How to Enable Windows Explorer File Deletion Confirmation

Hi,

By default, Windows 10 doesn't show a delete confirmation dialog box. However, you can still get the same confirmation box using
    Shift + Delete hotkey. If you wish to enable the delete confirmation box, follow these steps:

• On your Windows 10 desktop, right-click on Recycle Bin, and then select
      Properties.
    • Under General tab, check the option named Display delete confirmation dialog.
    • Click on the Apply button before closing the dialog box.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jun 22, 2020
  3. TRON1982x Win User
    Windows 10 - How to Enable Windows Explorer File Deletion Confirmation

Hi, ok well I figured it out but I don't know why it does this. When you delete something from OneDrive using Windows Explorer you do NOT get the delete confirmation box, but if you delete a file on your local C: you do. I wonder if there's a way to turn
    that option on for OneDrive?

TRON1982x, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Doug Sek Win User

How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10

How do I restore the Windows 10 Sticky Note Delete Confirmation Dialog Box

I turned off the Windows 10 Sticky Note delete confirmations (by checking the "Don't show this message again" check-box as I deleted a Sticky Note. How do I re-enable the delete confirmation dialog? All I have found so fer is the following fix, however,
    I do not have the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\StickyNotes" registry entry.

To re-enable the prompt yourself, follow these steps:

• Click
      How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10 vistastartbutton.jpg
      , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    • Locate the following registry subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\StickyNotes
    • Double-click the PROMPT_ON_DELETE registry entry.
    • In the Value data box, type 00000001, and then click OK.
    • On the File menu, click Exit.

Doug Sek, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - show full details

2. How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, when you initiate a file operation, which is basically Copy/Cut/Move/Paste or Delete, […] This article How to always show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. How to Disable Delete confirmation dialog for Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Delete confirmation dialog for Photos app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you’re deleting a file via the Photos app on Windows 10, you may […] This article How to Disable Delete confirmation dialog for Photos app in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. How to disable or enable Delete confirmation dialog box for Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable or enable Delete confirmation dialog box for Photos app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to enable the Delete confirmation dialog for the Photos app in […] This article How to disable or enable Delete confirmation dialog box for Photos app in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Display delete confirmation dialog

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display delete confirmation dialog: I have followed the instructions and the box is checked, apply clicked but I still do not get the option to confirm before pictures, etc. are deleted in Windows 10. It has been checked for a long time but now it doesn't work. Is there a fix for this? Thank you, Suzanne :...
  6. Recycle bin delete confirmation dialog box won't shut off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle bin delete confirmation dialog box won't shut off: I have opened the recycle bin properties and "Display delete confirmation dialog" is unchecked. but it still appears. Any idea how to shut this off?...
  7. Recycle confirmation or Display delete confirmation dialog

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle confirmation or Display delete confirmation dialog: The function is enabled but if I delete a file in file explorer, I don't get asked to confirm. It deletes straight away. Can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-confirmation-or-display-delete/a577009e-cb85-44d2-930c-880c46866f28"
  8. Is There A "Read-Only" Confirmation Dialog Box App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There A "Read-Only" Confirmation Dialog Box App?: Hello, Remember back in the older versions of Windows when if you set the Attribute of a file/folder as a Read-Only, then you would get a confirmation dialog show up any time you: • Attempt to Rename the file/folder, • Delete the file/folder, or • Move the file/folder...
  9. Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10: How to: Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog in Windows 10 [img] Information When you cut, copy, or delete a file/folder in Windows, you will see a file transfer dialog box showing the progress until finished. You have a choice to show "More details" or...
  10. Customize Delete Confirmation Dialog Prompt Details in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Delete Confirmation Dialog Prompt Details in Windows: How to: Customize Delete Confirmation Dialog Prompt Details in Windows How to Customize Delete Confirmation Dialog Prompt Details in Windows When you delete a single file or folder, the delete confirmation dialog displays basic details (metadata) like the file or folder...