Windows 10: how to show this pc,c drive,d drive etc?

Discus and support how to show this pc,c drive,d drive etc? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I am having a problem regarding wherr I can find this pc,c drive,d drive,the folders,etc and I dont have the shortcuts anymore,idk what happened.Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Needhelp123129, Sep 27, 2020.

1. how to show this pc,c drive,d drive etc?

Hi,I am having a problem regarding wherr I can find this pc,c drive,d drive,the folders,etc and I dont have the shortcuts anymore,idk what happened.Can someone provide a fix for me,I tried to find a solution but it won't work.

:)

Needhelp123129, Sep 27, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 27, 2020
  4. how to show this pc,c drive,d drive etc?

No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

how to show this pc,c drive,d drive etc?

1. how to show this pc,c drive,d drive etc? - Similar Threads - show drive drive

2. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  3. Problems with c and d drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with c and d drives: Hello, I just purchased a notebook with an GB memory 128 GB SSD and a 1TB hard drive. When transferring all my files onto the new computer, everything went to the onedrive, which doesn't have enough space either and I didn't want to use it. I figured out how to delete...
  4. How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?: My C drive, boot drive, is getting full; so I copied the desktop to the D drive, but the machine still boots into the desktop on the C drive. How can I change it to boot into the desktop on the D drive?...
  5. C: and D: drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: and D: drives: Laptop came with Windows 8 and 1 TB hard drive which I have 700GB free. Updated to Windows 10 and C: drive is still free but 25GB D: is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-and-d-drives/036ccbb4-a114-453d-880a-ccece386f1e0
  6. How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move pictures from the C drive to the D drive?: I have folders with a bunch of pictures and I want to move them to the D drive because there is more space there. How to do that? Also is there a way to set the D drive as the default drive so pictures saved will automatically go there? submitted by /u/jayx468 [link]...
  7. How can D drive space can be allocated to C drive for expanding C drive?

How can D drive space can be allocated to C drive for expanding C drive?: How can D drive space can be allocated to C drive for expanding C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-d-drive-space-can-be-allocated-to-c-drive/8fd8aaa9-0237-4457-b437-1ef89a970827"
  8. C drive full, how to move some to D drive

C drive full, how to move some to D drive: How can I move some GB's from C to external D drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-full-how-to-move-some-to-d-drive/39a360f4-8762-46e2-a10a-ba27246f6111"
  9. C Drive vs. D Drive

C Drive vs. D Drive: Hello--looking for some assistance with designating storage to the D drive on my computer. I have the settings arranged so that all new download content is supposed to go to the D drive--music, etc.--but it is still going to the C drive anyway. Thanks for any help!...
  10. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...