Windows 10: How to show to search bar in taskbar? Mine doesn't show for some reason

Discus and support How to show to search bar in taskbar? Mine doesn't show for some reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/awkward_pakistaniX7 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/awkward_pakistaniX7, Jul 10, 2020.

1. How to show to search bar in taskbar? Mine doesn't show for some reason

/u/awkward_pakistaniX7, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Soyal Win User

Windows 10 search bar doesn't work

I temporarily changed paging file size from system managed size to custom and since then Windows search bar doesn't show any results when I input text. I set it back to system managed, but the problem persists.

I tried the commonly suggested solutions like rebuilding indexing but with no success. Any ideas on how to solve this?

I have the latest updates.

Soyal, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Remonator Win User
    Certain apps don't show in search results

Some of my applications don't show in search results when I search for them.

E.g. Visual Studio, it shows only a local directory named "Visual Studio 2017" but it doensn't show the application itself.

Some other applications are listed as wrong version (already uninstalled), and some others dont't show at all (e.g. Putty)

I've already rebuilt the index and ran sfc /scannow several times, and got shortcuts for the apps in both

• %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and

• %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 (Build 14393.1358)

Any suggestions?

Remonator, Jul 10, 2020
  4. How to show to search bar in taskbar? Mine doesn't show for some reason

People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

How to show to search bar in taskbar? Mine doesn't show for some reason

1. How to show to search bar in taskbar? Mine doesn't show for some reason - Similar Threads - show search bar

2. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents: When I go to the search icon in taskbar, right click to open pane, click on search, it only shows trending and masses of irrelevant crud. It used to show recent searches, making the box pretty empty, which was great. Now suddenly it has tons of useless suggestions. How do I...
  3. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents: When I go to the search icon in taskbar, right click to open pane, click on search, it only shows trending and masses of irrelevant crud. It used to show recent searches, making the box pretty empty, which was great. Now suddenly it has tons of useless suggestions. How do I...
  4. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Icons not showing on search bar

Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  6. search bar not showing some apps/files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar not showing some apps/files: today i make clear windows reinstall but all my data on disk don't uninstall but after that reinstall that when i want to find something thanks to windows search tool it can´t show me my disk like thins what i have there only was what i know how to fix it is reinstall these...
  7. search bar not showing some apps/files

search bar not showing some apps/files: today i make clear windows reinstall but all my data on disk don't uninstall but after that reinstall that when i want to find something thanks to windows search tool it can´t show me my disk like thins what i have there only was what i know how to fix it is reinstall these...
  8. In Search Bar on Taskbar the actions on Apps doesn't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Search Bar on Taskbar the actions on Apps doesn't show: Hello In my windows search bar at the taskbar, the actions on apps dosent appear not even the results from web optionPlease help how to resolve it get it back...
  9. Search bar showing a glitch.

in Cortana
    Search bar showing a glitch.: I've been seeing this problem from about a week or so, it's been only 3 months I've purchased this PC. Please help, the details of my PC are :Edition - Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion - 21H1OS build - 19043.1023 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  10. Search bar in taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in taskbar doesn't work: I have the "Search the web and Windows" bar in my taskbar but I can't type anything into it. If I go to "File Explorer" in the start panel, I can search for files. This worked in the past and I don't know what might have happened to make it stop working. I'm still...