Windows 10: How to show VPN active Icon in the Taskbar Notification Area?

Discus and support How to show VPN active Icon in the Taskbar Notification Area? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It is quite important to be able to see at a glance, if you are connected to the network through a VPN or through an unsecured connection. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris2xU, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Chris2xU Win User

How to show VPN active Icon in the Taskbar Notification Area?

It is quite important to be able to see at a glance, if you are connected to the network through a VPN or through an unsecured connection. I cannot find any native setting in Windows 10 which would allow me to see if a VPN is active in the Notification Area. I first have to hover over the Network icon or click on it to see more details.

This question has been asked in similar ways in 2017, but never received a satisfactory solution on Microsoft Community:

• Display VPN connection status?
    • Windows 10 - Show VPN on taskbar?

What is the best way to show an active VPN connection icon in the system tray of the taskbar?

:)

Chris2xU, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Edwin Win User

Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

The tray link, (Option One/Step 2), seems to be depreciated in Build 10130, go to Settings via the other Steps or directly:

How to show VPN active Icon in the Taskbar Notification Area? [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 10, 2018
  4. ms1406 Win User

Missing Notification area Icon in Windows 10 control Panel

thanks , but you did not understand the problem.

I have since found the solution wlsewhere:

To add a hidden icon to the notification area

• Click the arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want to move to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons to the notification area as you want.

To
    always show all icons on the taskbar

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click Properties.

• Under Notification area, click Customize.

• Select the Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar check box, and then click
      OK.

ms1406, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

1. How to show VPN active Icon in the Taskbar Notification Area? - Similar Threads - show VPN active

2. Taskbar in Autohide mode - notification area not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar in Autohide mode - notification area not showing: Hi there,I've the taskbar set up in autohide. It works.The area on the right hand side though, it doesn't show up at all, that is the corner overflow icons, the clock and date... there is nothing there. If I turn the autohide off, the area magically appears again. If I then...
  3. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  4. Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Notification Area: Why has the the Weather App started appearing in the notification area of the taskbar?I do NOT want it - how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-notification-area/c6ff6f42-47bf-44a5-8493-52c6d2aca9a5
  5. Notification area of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification area of taskbar: I cannot get the icons for volume, network, Norton/Defender status, or even the "up arrow" for hidden items to show on the taskbar??? The clock does show. I tried all of the obvious settings. ?????...
  6. Taskbar notification area icons missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar notification area icons missing: Hello, can somebody help me please, some icons are "missing" from notification area, their visibility is hidden, I tried basic things to fix it and it wont work, please somebody :( https://prnt.sc/s0vj07 - next to volume icon there must be network icon and other icons too......
  7. Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons: [img] [img] [img] I tried some .bat files from this forum, but nothing changed Windows 10 version: 190318 Please help me to solve this...thanks 151929
  8. network activity icon in notification area

network activity icon in notification area: I remember in windows xp a network activity icon in the notification area of the taskbar. I would like to have this in windows 10 home. Is there a way to turn this on or a script to run that can do this?...
  9. Notification area on taskbar

Notification area on taskbar: I have three monitors.....I can get the task bar on all three but can only get the notification bar or pane on the one on the right.....how do I get it on all three so I can shut off one or too? I'm guessing the notification pane is what I'm calling the clock/date, speaker...
  10. Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app icons that provide status and notifications...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vpn icon in taskbar

2. show vpn windows taskbar

3. show status icon VPN connection

4. show vpn in taskbar,
  5. windows 10 show vpn icon