Windows 10: how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

Discus and support how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by terrimoreno1, May 23, 2019.

1. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running.

:)

terrimoreno1, May 23, 2019
  2. DonB6 Win User

shut off button

I don't want to log off. That takes several more steps. I want to shut down. It use to have a list of things to hit but somehow change to sign off or lock. I want the shut down to reappear.

Rogue

DonB6, May 23, 2019
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down. :confused:*Mad how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, May 23, 2019
  4. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 23, 2019
Thema:

how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

1. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down. - Similar Threads - shut down prog

2. not shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not shutting down: Hey everyone,I am having an issue with my laptop everytime i put my laptop in sleep or shut down it .all the pc turn off screen, keyboard everything except the power button keeps on andi think laptop keeps on and everytime the laptop got out of battery because all got consume...
  3. Shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shut down: Recently, my laptop's screen showed glitches, not knowing it was due to driver updates, i resetted the pc as i have been planning to do since it was running slowly, it went ok, but whislt reinstalling windows, it was stuck at 0% and i didn't want to leave it on for the whole...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  6. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down: Hello everyone my laptop was fine but today when i shut it down there were two or three apps which were preventing to shutdown. Two closed so quickly that i couldnt even see the name while one was realtek audio service which also closed quickly. Any fix for this because this...
  8. shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    shut down: My laptop is not shutting down nor the cursor is moving from its place. Task manager is also not opening now how should I shut down 69273
  9. Shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down: Why is there only 1 place to shut down??????????????? 33605
  10. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut Down: When I boot win 10 it runs for a few minutes then shuts down. No BOSD. Reboot & everything is OK! I can press & hold the start button until the light goes out & reboot again & again, but if a shut for a long period it happens again! One of the fixes is to run a command...