Windows 10: how to shut off remember password on the browser version of outlook

Discus and support how to shut off remember password on the browser version of outlook in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Its like they make you leave you password: hence no privacy.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by iaemtps, Jun 2, 2019.

1. iaemtps Win User

how to shut off remember password on the browser version of outlook

Its like they make you leave you password: hence no privacy.

:)

iaemtps, Jun 2, 2019
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Jun 2, 2019
  3. 'Remember password for Internet e-mail accounts?

Hi

I allow Outlook 2013 and Thunderbird to remember my passwords. I going to guess you allow your phone to remember passwords.

That said to I use unique passwords on all accounts and where ever possible "Two Step" / "Two Factor Authentication". This means in Outlook I use a App password.

If someone were to get to my password they would be challenged through the two step process.

Personally I have not seen a lot of write ups where people can steal your password in Outlook. Sure if they installed keyloggers or some other Trojan but that is why I run two AV's.

I'm sure it is still possible to somehow get hacked but with the above in place I think you would need to be targeted and would have to let your guard down, ie open an unknown attachment, follow an unknown link.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 2, 2019
  4. how to shut off remember password on the browser version of outlook

Edge won't remember Gmail passwords

Hi Ujjal,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question:

• Did you check the option “Remember the password” option at the sign in page?

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue.

To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Edge browser and click on the More actions icon i.e.“” located on the top right corner of the window.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    • Close the browser and login to Gmail account and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

how to shut off remember password on the browser version of outlook

1. how to shut off remember password on the browser version of outlook - Similar Threads - shut off remember

2. Browsers wont remember me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browsers wont remember me: I've had this problem for a while now; my computer wont remember me on ANY browser. This problem IS NOT browser related, since firefox, chrome AND edge have this problem. Every time after closing and opening a browser i have to log in again, on every site and on every...
  3. Browsers wont remember me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers wont remember me: I've had this problem for a while now; my computer wont remember me on ANY browser. This problem IS NOT browser related, since firefox, chrome AND edge have this problem. Every time after closing and opening a browser i have to log in again, on every site and on every...
  4. Browsers wont remember me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Browser remembers everything

in Browsers and Email
    Browser remembers everything: Hello,Recently I made some purchases through the internet.Had to fill-up forms with many details such as ID number, address (street and home number), etc. and add some notices.Looks like the browser remembers all of these.In some cases it disturbs when filling some other...
  6. Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords: Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 version 15.0.5267.1000, works perfectly with Windows 10 Version 1909 18363.1016, but fails when upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004 19041.450. - - Repair does not resolve the problem. Adding the password is a cosmetic solution, Outlook...
  7. Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 2013 not remembering email account passwords: Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013 version 15.0.5267.1000, works perfectly with Windows 10 Version 1909 18363.1016, but fails when upgraded to Windows 10 Version 2004 19041.450. - - Repair does not resolve the problem. Adding the password is a cosmetic solution, Outlook...
  8. Remember a Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remember a Password: I have an app and everytime I open it, I need to enter the password (it remembers my username). What can I do so it will automatically remember the password so I don't need to input it everytime?...
  9. How to: Remember log on password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to: Remember log on password?: I have a ASUS X54C laptop running Win 10 Pro 64-bit Recently I needed to reset my laptop, and now I find that I need to enter my log-on password every time I boot up after a shutdown (e.g. I shut down my laptop every night). My laptop is always in my private study (it...
  10. Using Microsoft Outlook Login remembers WiFi Password?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Microsoft Outlook Login remembers WiFi Password?!: Interesting occurrence: Installed WinTP, then installed old WiFi card (XP vintage). The driver was not recognized, caused instability, so removed it. I have set up the computer to Login using an Microsoft Outlook account I created. Getting familiar with how all the email,...